• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Some Russian Forces Apparently Using Open Analog Voice in Ukraine Conflict

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Freq. shown in article is 4.790.5mhz. Hard to pick up stateside and you'd have to speak Russian lol .... but if this is accurate .... it's surprising that haven't equipped all their forces with digital encryption tech. Maybe just being cheap ???

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Freq. shown in article is 4.790.5mhz. Hard to pick up stateside and you'd have to speak Russian lol .... but if this is accurate .... it's surprising that haven't equipped all their forces with digital encryption tech. Maybe just being cheap ???

I don't speak or read Russian or any language other than English so it would all just be Noise to me & I Hate Noise.

SIX-SHOOTER

Misdirection. What is intended to be heard.
They use very advanced SDR comm. Extremely fast and broad frequency hopping. All modes. All frequencies. Encryption. Firmware can be "poured in" to introduce new made-up modes on the fly. Also compatible with all older equipment and modes which they can easily monitor.
Lots of Russian speakers there too, especially in the east and south. It's a long bad history. Increasingly difficult to find real history with all the loons sharing intentional propaganda and incidental click bait.
I digress. I just want to talk about radios.

The creepy relaxing hypnotic music tells me it's a propaganda click bait piece. I just want to talk about radios.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated