• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sometimes we end up where we started........

parkair

Jan 15, 2006
Near Austin, Texas
Hi all, I am new here. Been looking at the site for about a month or two and enjoying it. I was into CB's from about 1975 till 1985 then got into Ham radio and dropped the CB's. My job changed in away that I would be driving a 50 mile stretch of IH-35 about three times a week so I thought a CB in the car would come in handy. I dug an old GE mobile out of the closet, bought a cheap mag mount antenna and I was on 11 meters again ! I have made contact with a couple of locals and even a few guys that I use to talk to 21 years ago. The spooky thing about those guys is it's like they were waiting on me, they just said " where have you been ?" I told them and that was that ! I am more popular now though with my small collection of test equipment and a little knowledge, ha ha. To be honest ham to me has gotten un-fun with all the computer interfacing going on these days. As far as I can tell I will never stop hamming, I enjoyed working on ( simple stuff ) and operating my two FT-101's. One is a E model and the other an F. So I got me a Cobra 150 gtl at the house ( I use my 101's on 10 meters ) and a Cobra 25 for the car and having fun being the mud duck on the block ( for now ). But it's nice to know that you can go to a band were you can let your hair down.

Holdem5 said:
fortymobile said:
that 101e is one of the best Cb out there...

That is an hf set and does not have 11 meters installed and is prohibited by the FCC for use on 11 meters besides with an am filter they still are'nt that nice on 11 meter.
Well Holdem5, I am pretty sure that "fortymobile" radio does have 11 meters in it....for I have talked to him several times on 11 meters with it...also, he has that Yazoooo tuned very well for AM too.

Welcome to the forum Parkair. I think you'll find a lot of people here that enjoy the radio hobby..ham AND CB.

"That is an hf set and does not have 11 meters installed and is prohibited by the FCC for use on 11 meters besides with an am filter they still are'nt that nice on 11 meter" I have a 101EE that talks on 11 meters and does a great job, prohibited or not ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.