• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

Mr. Doug

Jan 13, 2009
Boise, Idaho
I have bought quite a few things from him..nice in past, but now he is very short and rude.. he is too busy...takes your order, short on answering questions and rude.. its like, give me your order, credit card number and I need to go.. wow, I wish I could do that with my customers.. I will never, ever call him again.. he doesn't need my money..
Doug:(

I wouldn't worry about it too much. He was the same way with me when I ordered my Ranger TR-696FD-1 radio. At least he is honest, does good radio work, and got it back to me as he promised (he did for me), and the best prices in the COUNTRY - what can one expect? I'll go back to him, because he is honest. Short; but honest.
I can understand that it isn't good business to do things that way, but I endured knowing he is the man to trust to do it right.
Give him a chance; or don't - it's up to you...

Keep trolling Mr Doug. Trying your trash on multiple boards is a sure fire way to prove your a joke. Tell the rest of the trash talkers hi. Mr Doug is attempting to start smack like many others. Move on.

I have bought quite a few things from him..nice in past, but now he is very short and rude.. he is too busy...takes your order, short on answering questions and rude.. its like, give me your order, credit card number and I need to go.. wow, I wish I could do that with my customers.. I will never, ever call him again.. he doesn't need my money..

If your opinion is indeed factual, why did you feel the need to start this thread? I would think if you perceive a problem that needs corrected, you would address the issue at the source.

I spoke with Sparky one week ago today and while I could tell that he was busy from what was occuring in the background, he was neither short nor rude with me on the phone.

Keep trolling Mr Doug. Trying your trash on multiple boards is a sure fire way to prove your a joke. Tell the rest of the trash talkers hi. Mr Doug is attempting to start smack like many others. Move on.

Is laying down the truth about Radioactive Radios considered Trash Talking? I'm guilty then!
I have dealt with Sparky on some used stuff and he runs an honest shop, IMHO.
Being short with a customer on the phone is unacceptable behavior. I personally know that Sparky has a problem returning emails and that is completely unacceptable. No one is too busy to return emails!
You would figure in this economy, treating the customer properly is of the utmost importance.

Mr Doug, seems you've been in the hobby a little while as you yourself have stated that you have bought several times from Sparky, and also GIJoes. So why do you only now join several forums to state your disgust with several dealers. Do you have anyone you like? And would you like to share your information with us? Not everything I have read about Sparky has been good but for the most part I only hear good things and most of the bad things I've heard about Sparky's, I always see where Sparky tries to make things right even at a loss to his business. Not many others out there that will do this. Do you really think that with the amount of business he does there would be no mistakes. Its whats done about mistakes that really counts. Did you get your stuff, and was it what you wanted? Sparkys ain't no Sears and Robucks but he really does try to satisfy his customers. I would worry if I saw he had never done any wrong. Like some dealers on some forums................

There are people from the clown forum trashing Al @ Sparky's because Al is the one people are told to take their radio to or to buy their radios from instead of the clown. The clowns feelings are getting hurt because people are having to send their swp radios to Al to get fixed.

So you are running around to different Forums tryng to destroy Sparkey's reputation because you felt he was short with you on the phone???? Give me a break....... Did you ever stop and think to yourself that maybe Sparkey was busy at the time, maybe he had customers waiting on him, maybe he had radios to peak and tune. Guy I wouldn't want you for a customer.:thumbdown:

I've always gotten good customer relations with Sparkys So much so I sent three of my friends there to buy radios. Now was it right of him to be short and not answer your questions NO. But was it right for you to get on here and trash him with out a call back to see if there was a time that maybe he could take a few minutes to answer your questions NO. I'm not saying Sparky is perfect. But when you are on the phone you cant see the whole picture. If you don't want to deal with him that is your business.

The truth of the matter is Mr. Doug thought he had called Sparky's and in reality called a different shop. There is a post apologizing to Al on his message board. Perhaps Mr. Doug forgot about all the other boards he posted on and has yet to 'set the record straight'...

Would this be the Al (Sparky) who runs the cb shop in Belgium Illinois ???

If it is then i can tell you that i have met him personally
from living twenty miles from there,
he has a speech impediment that makes it appear that he is mumbling
sometimes.
He has been nothing but forthright and Honest with me ,
he has purchased used radios from me for a fair price
and has repaired a couple of 2 mtr mobiles for me
also at a very reasonable price
he is an honest Hard working guy , although a bit harried at times
but when you are selling and repairing 11 mtr and ham gear
for half the country , then you would be too .

and i know that he is a busy man !!!
every time i go in there i have to wait at least twenty minutes for him to
get to me ,

My 2 cents

He has one of these flame posts on the Quackshack forums as well. I don't really see the need to post the same flame thread across multiple forums.

For the record, I've never had a problem with Al at Sparky's...always treated me right.

-Exit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.