• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky seems upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual his kids are kissin his ass :bdh: for God sake it is just a friggin cb shop!!!!!:pop:

Ever been to the Copper Electronics forum? The moderators go over the posts and decide whether to allow them in or not. Make a negative post about the RM KLV junk amps and banned you will be.

Ever been to the Copper Electronics forum? The moderators go over the posts and decide whether to allow them in or not. Make a negative post about the RM KLV junk amps and banned you will be.

But we all knew that about the Copper forum, this is breaking information about Sparky's.

SEVERAL posts have been deleted there in the last 48 hours. It appears to me that someone is scared of facing his critics.

Tis much easier to hide behind a ban/delete button than to prove the naysayers wrong. Those that chose the latter tend to be far more successful.

But we all knew that about the Copper forum, this is breaking information about Sparky's.

SEVERAL posts have been deleted there in the last 48 hours. It appears to me that someone is scared of facing his critics.

Tis much easier to hide behind a ban/delete button than to prove the naysayers wrong. Those that chose the latter tend to be far more successful.

Sparky definately didn't handle it properly.

Don't know Sparky personally, haven't done much business with him.

I do however have a keen memory for posts and I would venture to say that 98% of everything I have ever read about him has been good.

Every man has his own personal breaking point and it looks and sounds to me like someone pushed Sparky beyond his.

I know for a fact that I was pushed beyond mine on September 14, 2008 at exactly 12:35 PM.

The true measure of a man is how quickly he can recover after being pushed beyond his limit.

I hope Sparky recovers quickly, I know that he has way more friends than enemies and detractors.

"I know for a fact that I was pushed beyond mine on September 14, 2008 at exactly 12:35 PM."

what happened ?

Hell Booty, it's a long drawn out sob story. :(

Married 32 years, doing everything in my power to make sure my "queen" was happy, but just couldn't get 100%. Last 12 years were a real hell until she finally made a fateful decision that nearly killed me.

I take my promises very, very seriously and would have never left her or cheated on her or done anything to break my vows.

She finally decided to break her vows so that released me as far as I was concerned.

Long story short, new Wife, New life and happier than I have been since I was a wee lad.

On a side note to the story, new wife supports all of my interests and hobbies. She told me "I don't care how many antennas or towers you want to put up. just be happy" :D

As a matter of fact booty, let me use this post right now to apologize for trying to bust your chops a while back. Don't really know what set me off and don't care.

its all good 151 , i dont take anything personally on the forums . none of it matters in the real world . and ill apologize for my comments too .
change can be very difficult , but it sounds like you came out the other side better than you went in . congrats on finding true happiness .

LOL , now well have to hear some silly kiss and makeup comments . hehehehehehehe

its all good 151 , i dont take anything personally on the forums . none of it matters in the real world . and ill apologize for my comments too .
change can be very difficult , but it sounds like you came out the other side better than you went in . congrats on finding true happiness .

LOL , now well have to hear some silly kiss and makeup comments . hehehehehehehe
Just come to paltalk and I'll give it to ya there.:D

i don't claim to know all there is to know about radios, amps, antenna's, ect. all i know is how a piece of equipment performs. all the radios i have gotten from sparky's performed well, to my knowledge. that is, they sounded strong, didn't bleed and were reasonably priced. i won't get into what techs do to the radios internals, because honestly, i don't care. i don't care what the tech does to the radios as long as it performs as said without interference issues and blowing up. i am not going to "praise the all knowing sparky's cb shack" for their work, all i'm saying is that in my experience the radios i have had done up there worked like i thought they should have worked. i hear those who talk down about a person's work on radio's, about how they "butcher", "mod" or "destroy", but i never hear the same people telling anyone a good tech to go to. if you want to put a cb shop or individual down for their work, at least steer others in a new direction for their future work. tell them who YOU use for you OWN radios. it doesn't have to be a plug for advertisement, just pm that person and tell them who you would use, instead. sorry for rant, i'm off the key.

From the following posts on his forum:
http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/board/...213/508962.htm

Quote:
Sparky
President
683 posts
Oct 30, 2009
10:12 PM
s.gif
After a 30 minute meeting this afternoon with our attorney, and viewing various posts that were posted on this site, it was determined that 1 post that was posted by 'Sandman' was 'Slanderous toward commercial enterprise'The post in question was on the Ask the Tech board. New user asked for advice about SPARKYS CUSTOM Cobra 25 LTD and was considering purchase. Response was "You probably won't like it, as it has a 'Neutered Audio IC'"
Sandman has never purchased one from Sparkys, nor defined what he intended by 'Neutered' Audio IC.
This is considered Commercial Slander in the state of Illinois.
Sandman is not welcome here on this forum, and his business is not welcome at Sparkys. He has been removed from the forum for the above mentioned, as well as his repeated negative comments about products offered for sale at Sparkys CB Shack, without ANY personal knowledge.
He will receive a letter to this effect in the mail as well.
Sparky
OWNER-PART TIME TECHNICIAN-FLOOR SWEEPER
Last Edited on Oct 30, 2009 10:14 PM

http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/board/...213/508965.htm
Quote:
Sparky
President
685 posts
Oct 30, 2009
10:29 PM
s.gif
All posts relating to the Tram Antenna, both good and bad have been or are in the process of being deleted. This is officially THE END of the fiasco. Period. Now. none. Finished.
This is what is going to go on with the Tram Antenna. I know I said I was not going to list it on the site, but I changed my mind. If other folks can think something is GREAT one day, and then change their mind due to a few idiot's comments relating to where it's manufactured...why the hell can't I???? I own the damn joint..thats my option.It's a GREAT Antenna.It's for sale, and going on the site for $29.95 on sale. End of story. Whoever doesn't like it, don't buy it.
The part of this WHOLE thing that kills me, is, with all the bullshit that has gone on over this antenna the past week....there was NEVER a question as to how the antenna works! All of a sudden everybody is too patriotic to see that it's a good antenna. Look at the tag on the neck of the shirt you're wearing right now....where was it made???
And while we're at it....is the Cobra 29 Army edition junk as well because it's made in China??
Like I said, it ends here. I don't want to hear another thing about it. Matter of fact, I don't even want it discussed on the board, if you bought one, and think it's better than an 8 element beam!! I am DONE, Fed UP.
There will NEVER, NEVER, EVER be any products givin away for evaluation to ANYBODY. Being a nice guy is done. A free mic, Speaker, etc that gets thrown into MANY, MANY, outgoing orders..literally thousands per year...finished. Breaking my ass to have the lowest radio prices in the country...fuck it. This is the absolute last straw. Pay full online prices. Get screwed. Don't call me 8 times on the 800 number, that I pay for the call, because you popped a final in your radio due to a broken antenna...and it's out of warranty, and we fix it for nothing. Shit no, It's POLICY now. In no way am I tooting our own horn..but try to find ANYBODY in this business that bends over backwards the way we do. Don't send us your General Lee that you paid $150 too much for from some slick CB Salesman..and find out it sounds so distored nobody can hear you....and we strighten it out for you for $20...think I'm bullshitting??? We did 7 this week alone.
AND..the best one..a VERY avid user of this forum, thats an expert on everything (In his mind), and calls us 6-8 times a week with 'questions' and has bought 2 PL-259's...ever.
I am so discussed over this childish, foolish, needless shit...I swear I am so damn close to firing everybody, taking the site down, and moving on to greener pastures.....gratitude.....
Do me a favor, if you can't live by this..I don't want your business. Move on.
Sparky
OWNER-PART TIME TECHNICIAN-FLOOR SWEEPER
Last Edited on Oct 30, 2009 11:22 PM

I think it's the fact that he does not want anyone telling other how he mods his radios. I mean after searching the net and reading up on his claimed power numbers he gets from radio then he has to be clipping the limiter or doing something to the radio to cause it to produce excessive harmonics so that a pep meter will show more power than the radio is really making.

Sandman has never purchased one from Sparkys, nor defined what he intended by 'Neutered' Audio IC.
I would think that any mod that does this is the wrong way to modify a radio so why would you need to "define "it? Says alot about the type of radio mods he does right there!

As far as the Tram antenna goes. If he does not like someone to tell people how these cheap poor performing antennas really work then i guess he should try to Carry better stuff. Rather than trying to push a very cheaply made antenna that he buys for nothing just to make money!

In no way am I tooting our own horn..but try to find ANYBODY in this business that bends over backwards the way we do.
I can think of a least 2 that go above and beyond when it comes to customer satisfaction. Radio way electronics in Maiden NC and Rays electronics in Elkin NC so if he thinks he has the market cornered on customer service then he is out of his mind! Not to mention that both of the shops are a helluva a lot cheaper than he has ever thought about being!

I was thinking of getting a radio from him just to see for myself the kind of work he does but after checking the net and then reading this crap,i think i will just save my money! If he cant stand for his feet to be put to the fire because of the work he does or the stuff he sales then to me that says that all of the comments must have some fact to them,and he does not like it!

I doubt it has anything to do with power numbers, a number on a watt meter means nothing anyway. Any time I have had a shop tune a radio I have never gotten the same numbers out.

some may call it ass kissing , i call it supporting someone whos always done me right .
what was your experience there like taker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.