• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky seems upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLR

Keeping It Good Natured
Oct 9, 2007
From the following posts on his forum:
http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/board/board_topic/3935213/508962.htm

Sparky
President
683 posts
Oct 30, 2009
10:12 PM
s.gif
After a 30 minute meeting this afternoon with our attorney, and viewing various posts that were posted on this site, it was determined that 1 post that was posted by 'Sandman' was 'Slanderous toward commercial enterprise'The post in question was on the Ask the Tech board. New user asked for advice about SPARKYS CUSTOM Cobra 25 LTD and was considering purchase. Response was "You probably won't like it, as it has a 'Neutered Audio IC'"
Sandman has never purchased one from Sparkys, nor defined what he intended by 'Neutered' Audio IC.
This is considered Commercial Slander in the state of Illinois.
Sandman is not welcome here on this forum, and his business is not welcome at Sparkys. He has been removed from the forum for the above mentioned, as well as his repeated negative comments about products offered for sale at Sparkys CB Shack, without ANY personal knowledge.
He will receive a letter to this effect in the mail as well.
Sparky
OWNER-PART TIME TECHNICIAN-FLOOR SWEEPER
Last Edited on Oct 30, 2009 10:14 PM

http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/board/board_topic/3935213/508965.htm
Sparky
President
685 posts
Oct 30, 2009
10:29 PM
s.gif
All posts relating to the Tram Antenna, both good and bad have been or are in the process of being deleted. This is officially THE END of the fiasco. Period. Now. none. Finished.
This is what is going to go on with the Tram Antenna. I know I said I was not going to list it on the site, but I changed my mind. If other folks can think something is GREAT one day, and then change their mind due to a few idiot's comments relating to where it's manufactured...why the hell can't I???? I own the damn joint..thats my option.It's a GREAT Antenna.It's for sale, and going on the site for $29.95 on sale. End of story. Whoever doesn't like it, don't buy it.
The part of this WHOLE thing that kills me, is, with all the bullshit that has gone on over this antenna the past week....there was NEVER a question as to how the antenna works! All of a sudden everybody is too patriotic to see that it's a good antenna. Look at the tag on the neck of the shirt you're wearing right now....where was it made???
And while we're at it....is the Cobra 29 Army edition junk as well because it's made in China??
Like I said, it ends here. I don't want to hear another thing about it. Matter of fact, I don't even want it discussed on the board, if you bought one, and think it's better than an 8 element beam!! I am DONE, Fed UP.
There will NEVER, NEVER, EVER be any products givin away for evaluation to ANYBODY. Being a nice guy is done. A free mic, Speaker, etc that gets thrown into MANY, MANY, outgoing orders..literally thousands per year...finished. Breaking my ass to have the lowest radio prices in the country...fuck it. This is the absolute last straw. Pay full online prices. Get screwed. Don't call me 8 times on the 800 number, that I pay for the call, because you popped a final in your radio due to a broken antenna...and it's out of warranty, and we fix it for nothing. Shit no, It's POLICY now. In no way am I tooting our own horn..but try to find ANYBODY in this business that bends over backwards the way we do. Don't send us your General Lee that you paid $150 too much for from some slick CB Salesman..and find out it sounds so distored nobody can hear you....and we strighten it out for you for $20...think I'm bullshitting??? We did 7 this week alone.
AND..the best one..a VERY avid user of this forum, thats an expert on everything (In his mind), and calls us 6-8 times a week with 'questions' and has bought 2 PL-259's...ever.
I am so discussed over this childish, foolish, needless shit...I swear I am so damn close to firing everybody, taking the site down, and moving on to greener pastures.....gratitude.....
Do me a favor, if you can't live by this..I don't want your business. Move on.
Sparky
OWNER-PART TIME TECHNICIAN-FLOOR SWEEPER
Last Edited on Oct 30, 2009 11:22 PM

i get the impression someone put a powderkeg too close to sparky.

Seriously though,from what I read the guy is one of the better techs in the USA,seems to go a bit extra for the customer,and tries to keep his prices reasonable.

Its so easy for some numb nut who knows nothing about radios or who f@cks his radio up then denies it then slags off those who do know something about radios or who fix it for you,or slag them off because they made one or two small errors in amongst hundreds of radios,people are human including techs and humans make mistakes,seems a shame that one halfwit has spoiled things for loads of satisfied customers.

He also has a point about the tram antenna,who gives a f@ck where its made as long as it works well and is competitively priced,if people were so loyal to american cb brands there would be very few radios in the states these days or in europe for that matter,as most of the companies priced themselves right out of existence.

Bottom line is if your the type of person who goes about forums slagging off techs and shop owners who try to make a living from your hobby and your hobby dies because of it,you only have one person too blame.:headbang

If this guy thinks making customers happy while selling radio gear is hard, he should spend a few months in a business where people are spending a lot more money as your customer and instead of complaining on a forum, they do it with an attorney. After he gets a few multi-million dollar trivial lawsuits from a few customers he'll be happy to go back to trivial forum nonsense.

BTW, I'm not saying that I don't see where he's coming from. I tend to agree with Jazzsinger's point of view.

However, making posts like that as the owner of the business is going to do more harm than good.

I've re-read a few things and it seems that Sparky may have been in the wrong in sending out free equipment in exchange for a review of the equipment. Nothing wrong with that but new laws have passed stating that blog/forum type posters must openly state that they received the item for free/reduced cost in exchange for their review.

Just a thought.

In my opinion Sparky got caught using a "review" to advertise some new products when it wasn't a review by an actual customer that had purchased the items.

I've re-read a few things and it seems that Sparky may have been in the wrong in sending out free equipment in exchange for a review of the equipment. Nothing wrong with that but new laws have passed stating that blog/forum type posters must openly state that they received the item for free/reduced cost in exchange for their review.

Just a thought.

In my opinion Sparky got caught using a "review" to advertise some new products when it wasn't a review by an actual customer that had purchased the items.
Drug companies do this all the time.

smilingbob.jpg
:bdh:

Yes but the drug company ads that I can think of are well known to be advertisements. In this case, there was no disclaimer given that Bulldog had received the items for free in exchange for a review.

Oh and I would like to issue a formal "LOL" at any business needing to pay a lawyer to tell them it's ok to ban someone from their own forum. This is a business tactic I didn't learn in college.

Yes but the drug company ads that I can think of are well known to be advertisements. In this case, there was no disclaimer given that Bulldog had received the items for free in exchange for a review.

Oh and I would like to issue a formal "LOL" at any business needing to pay a lawyer to tell them it's ok to ban someone from their own forum. This is a business tactic I didn't learn in college.

internet-serious-business-cat-thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.