• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ssb adjusting question??

somehow i forgot to check voltage at tp-9 before making my adjustment I re-check today well that sumbitch was at 5.64 volts brought it back to specs 3.01 +/- feel better now thanks for the help and advice

Reactions: Rwb
well I got 1 of the 2 b&k-1827 freq meter today this was $20.00 guy claim it doesn't power up I knew exactly what was the problem corrosion by batt pack easy fix well here is my reading for adjusting my SSB for tp-3 on ct-2 was a hair off on am is spot on with my new dosy counter
tp-3=lsb-7.80149 usb=7.79850
Spot on with the Dosy? And what was the Dosy calibrated with?

I was just thinking about that one guy who swears that everyone else is off frequency......

I also tend to think they are a few bubbles off center.

Brings up the adage of chasing after Ghosts...

as in; They are partly the reason for the arguments and metaphorical mayhem that occurs as those that want to talk, chase, chat, chase some more, chat then just quit talking to each other Because someone else stole their standby while they were chased around to get them off the frequency. They waited and instead of having a QSO to those, instead told the others they were off simply chased them down (or up) the band to leave them in a different spot. This is so the operator that was standing by on the original frequency can now chat amongst those thieves' the operator was waiting for - whom are now using it.​

Last edited:
I've wondered if some people run a tad off on purpose. I've noticed that when there's a pileup, I can hear the off frequency guy pretty fair, tune him in and can hear him over the noise....
Ever attended Church to have to sit by people that - when the Choir sings, they're so off key - and loud - their audio is so unmistakable to hear them?

Ms. Edna Agnes Blout - always sits 2 rows up from the back, and warbles her voice all the way thru ...

Lord Bless them - for they do teach the rest of us how Heterodyne and being in tune, is so important.

Ever attended Church to have to sit by people that - when the Choir sings, they're so off key - and loud - their audio is so unmistakable to hear them?

Ms. Edna Agnes Blout - always sits 2 rows up from the back, and warbles her voice all the way thru ...

Lord Bless them - for they do teach the rest of us how Heterodyne and being in tune, is so important.
bless her heart she tries,andy

Reactions: Handy Andy
No, you're probably right about that. Good thing the band uses earpieces.
can we refer to you as "BUGEL BOY" ?
should make the finals in a radio quiver when you talk into mic.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.