• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ssb etique on 11 meters

There are some nuts out there that think that they shouldn't have to touch the clarifier for any reason. Every time I hear one of those kind on the air I move mine off just to hear the nut squeal.

There is no need for echo, roger beep or any of that other crap on ssb either. What you need for contacts on SSB is a good clean signal that doesn't drift while you are holding a QSO. Another thing that wold help would be to get a three element beam so you can put your signal towards the direction you want to talk instead of wasting it in all directions. You will amazed at how easy it is to make contacts with a bone stock radio when you have a beam antenna.

So to make some contacts crank back on the modulation some and get a beam antenna. Working SSB is nothing like AM, just get on there like you were talking with a neihbor and you will gets lots of comebacks.

Reactions: 1 person
There are some nuts out there that think that they shouldn't have to touch the clarifier for any reason. Every time I hear one of those kind on the air I move mine off just to hear the nut squeal.

There is no need for echo, roger beep or any of that other crap on ssb either. What you need for contacts on SSB is a good clean signal that doesn't drift while you are holding a QSO. Another thing that wold help would be to get a three element beam so you can put your signal towards the direction you want to talk instead of wasting it in all directions. You will amazed at how easy it is to make contacts with a bone stock radio when you have a beam antenna.

So to make some contacts crank back on the modulation some and get a beam antenna. Working SSB is nothing like AM, just get on there like you were talking with a neihbor and you will gets lots of comebacks.
sounds like an excellent recomodation

Off frequency, Power Mic turned up all the way, over modulated, echo, reverb

I can't imagine what the problem would be.

Sorry there is no such thing as "off frequency". If there was, you would not have a clarifier. How can you tell if you have a CB?

I have run rigs with nine digit displays and have never found anyone "off Frequency". Don't let being "Channel" locked fool you

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry there is no such thing as "off frequency". If there was, you would not have a clarifier. How can you tell if you have a CB?

I have run rigs with nine digit displays and have never found anyone "off Frequency". Don't let being "Channel" locked fool you

well,after having my radio tuned and aligned along with the clarifier opened up by DTB most certainly helps me make SSB contact near and far. **Jump_im**

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.