• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSB Traffic

It all started for me in the 70's , I had a more than enough classes for my Collage prep so I decided to take Electronic's . I learned how to use all the equipment and built a kit Am radio then an Fm radio . I was bitten ! Started w/ an Am Cb radio then SSB it opened up a whole different world for me w/ my Cobra 142 GTL ( Extra Channels ) and my Moonraker that cycle in the 80's ( I believe ) was awesome I chatted all over the world barefoot .Now I have to get off my butt and get my Ham licence , I started studying last year but things came up . Winters coming , back to studying ! I have passed the online test's a few times . I need to get this done ! Too many friends on here keep telling me to ! 73 and God Bless , Leo

You should have no problem on the Tech exam. Study the book, and prior to the exam just go over all the questions and answers and you'll have a Call Sign soon.

I will probably take the Extra exam myself this Winter. Of course I said that last winter also. ;-(>

Reactions: 357magnum
It all started for me in the 70's , I had a more than enough classes for my Collage prep so I decided to take Electronic's . I learned how to use all the equipment and built a kit Am radio then an Fm radio . I was bitten ! Started w/ an Am Cb radio then SSB it opened up a whole different world for me w/ my Cobra 142 GTL ( Extra Channels ) and my Moonraker that cycle in the 80's ( I believe ) was awesome I chatted all over the world barefoot .Now I have to get off my butt and get my Ham licence , I started studying last year but things came up . Winters coming , back to studying ! I have passed the online test's a few times . I need to get this done ! Too many friends on here keep telling me to ! 73 and God Bless , Leo
Study for both the tech and general and you can take both test for the single $15.00 fee.(Or what ever it is now) If you are really studious take the extra at the same time. That is some heavy duty study load.

SSB Traffic? None here really. I talked on 38 LSB a week ago to a guy about 10 miles from me.

Conversation started on AM then he mentioned his two Galaxy radios (mobile & base) and his Cobra 980 had SSB and that he had never tried it and knew nothing about it. Other than that conversation I never hear any semi local folks on SSB...just random skip occasionally.

About the only AM I hear is three or four old farts younger than me that say the same things every day discussing their hernias, back aches, etc.

One guy has talked daily for over a week about his waterline having a leak and that he needs to fix it.

SSB Traffic? None here really. I talked on 38 LSB a week ago to a guy about 10 miles from me.

Conversation started on AM then he mentioned his two Galaxy radios (mobile & base) and his Cobra 980 had SSB and that he had never tried it and knew nothing about it. Other than that conversation I never hear any semi local folks on SSB...just random skip occasionally.

About the only AM I hear is three or four old farts younger than me that say the same things every day discussing their hernias, back aches, etc.

One guy has talked daily for over a week about his waterline having a leak and that he needs to fix it.
i got a friend maybe 45 miles as crow flys from me n we say stuff like backaches water line leaks n general rag chew.had little skip this mornin but it was a sayhi n by in same breath in southwest mo

Last edited:
It
I had it here also yesterday , mostly Ohio , I had him and gone in a flash ! It didn't last long .
was short lived till last nite.cant talk on radio when queen of the house is home.tejas was pouring in here loud n proud a good 45 minutes. Corpus christy area

Made a quick contact with Georgia 1, then about an hour later talked with the infamous WingNut in Florida from around the Ft.Worth,Tx area with my big 10 watt Uniden 980. I heard a few others out there including the a-holes from around the Phoenix area. Hopefully the activity will pick back up today. I got to work on getting a little heat wired in this truck so I can make more contacts.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
I have the same problem - only with 2 queens - no, three - even Sophie...

Sparky and I just go outside and look, or howl at the moon...He sometimes just goes - A or B...
was 2 queens but my daughter moved away to attend college

Made a quick contact with Georgia 1, then about an hour later talked with the infamous WingNut in Florida from around the Ft.Worth,Tx area with my big 10 watt Uniden 980. I heard a few others out there including the a-holes from around the Phoenix area. Hopefully the activity will pick back up today. I got to work on getting a little heat wired in this truck so I can make more contacts.

Yep, I also got in on a little of that last night. talked to my good friend Georgia 1, and some others. Folks told me the Phoenix Dingleberry was going after me again.
See the "Dingleberry" post .....

Reactions: Rwb

Have you heard King Arthur down in Johnson County? He was blasting but did not reply...

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.