• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSB Traffic

Started @ 11 am est here , out running errands and I made a half dozen contacts on 38 LSB , 1 Northern Michigan , Most of the others Ontario Canada . I guess my mobile still works .Just to ad Canada ask me to take a stand by so they could chat , one op said your coming in 20 db up here . Mother Nature was good to me today , for once !:whistle::)

Last edited:
Made a quick contact with Georgia 1, then about an hour later talked with the infamous WingNut in Florida from around the Ft.Worth,Tx area with my big 10 watt Uniden 980. I heard a few others out there including the a-holes from around the Phoenix area. Hopefully the activity will pick back up today. I got to work on getting a little heat wired in this truck so I can make more contacts.
those 980's seem to have a big heart,mine does so far

Reactions: 357magnum
The King Arthur or king A--, has talked for a Hr or so now on LSB38 man he has to run Big Time Power.
yes im getting him here now every little bit and lots from our southern neighbors.wish i could speak espano might have interesting things to chat about

So I have the week off here in Seattle and just wanted to report!

I normally do not have access to my radio when working but today, kicking back and turned on auto squelch and scan.

Channels 4, 8, 10, 12 and 16 (AM) are very active just in the first five minutes.

Granted, I'm just above interstate 405 so that will account for a number of mobiles.

Last edited:
Personally I run a 980ssb with a rm Italy kl203 and love it. Not much skip happening right now though.
have you turned your 980 down?i was thinkin about an italy for mine

I have no issues talking and if I can hear you I can talk to you. Even when skip is rolling I have no issues making contacts...then again I am running a 102” whip on the roof of a Ram 1500 4x4!
well my lil wil is centered on roof of my 91 ram 150 swr shows flat. Im thinkin hard about 1 of them n help me get just a tad more,was wonderin about turnin mine down,actually i got 2 of them 980 radios 1 late 1 old version.not bad radios with a tune up

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.