• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSB Traffic

I traded for both of my 980s.they are peaked then backed down a watt n modulation is clear too.everybody i chat with couldnt belive i was on a 980 .said sounds great.got 1 hangin on my radio shelf i hookup now n then on base and the other in my ram

I got an email from my friend John WR 306 North Ireland this morning , he is hearing us over there and Europe has been active on the nickels ( But really doesn't set up right ) Get a chance give John a shout usually 27.3850 . He's having problems w/ his Moonraker right now ( Cranked down ) and using his A-99 but should be on the air in a few days . Thanks ! 73 and God Bless , Leo

I got an email from my friend John WR 306 North Ireland this morning , he is hearing us over there and Europe has been active on the nickels ( But really doesn't set up right ) Get a chance give John a shout usually 27.3850 . He's having problems w/ his Moonraker right now ( Cranked down ) and using his A-99 but should be on the air in a few days . Thanks ! 73 and God Bless , Leo
a 99 isnt bad,i will listen for him.skip here at my place been very erratic.jamacia,porta rico been coming in and strong at times

Reactions: 357magnum
I just purchased a Series 1 Uniden Bearcat 980SSB & I am very happy with it.I would rather have a radio with SSB & not need it than not have one & need it.For the price difference it's a no brainer & I only gave $75 for the Used 980SSB locally.I get great audio reports & it hears very well also.I am using it on my Antron 99 at 30 ft with an Astatic Golden Eagle D-104 desk microphone.It still has not had the mod that kills the beep but it will some day.I have lots of other SSB radios but after watching many YouTube videos on the 980 I had to have one.Just because it has SSB does not mean that you must use it but if you get the urge then it's always there & I much prefer SSB & always have.

SIX-SHOOTER

I just purchased a Series 1 Uniden Bearcat 980SSB & I am very happy with it.I would rather have a radio with SSB & not need it than not have one & need it.For the price difference it's a no brainer & I only gave $75 for the Used 980SSB locally.I get great audio reports & it hears very well also.I am using it on my Antron 99 at 30 ft with an Astatic Golden Eagle D-104 desk microphone.It still has not had the mod that kills the beep but it will some day.I have lots of other SSB radios but after watching many YouTube videos on the 980 I had to have one.Just because it has SSB does not mean that you must use it but if you get the urge then it's always there & I much prefer SSB & always have.

SIX-SHOOTER
are you sure its an early 1? Quick test power on n hold anl nb button n see if it pops up beep off. I got an early 1 n a late 1 both work well.i modded my mics easy to do.1 is hooked to my A 99 also. They seem pretty decent too.i got trades made for mine n i got maybe 110 in both. Enjoy them lil bearcats,a hidden bite inside em

100% sure it's the early one since it has the screw in the middle hole below the coax connector on the back of the radio & tried the holding the button & it still beeps.I like it about as much as any SSB mobile I have ever owned or used except my TRAM D64 which is far quieter on receive over any CB I have ever owned.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
100% sure it's the early one since it has the screw in the middle hole below the coax connector on the back of the radio & tried the holding the button & it still beeps.I like it about as much as any SSB mobile I have ever owned or used except my TRAM D64 which is far quieter on receive over any CB I have ever owned.

SIX-SHOOTER
yep its older.new 1 push anl n hold says beep off or beep on.you got to go inside n remove a diode seems like.seen a youtube video on removing it.just havent got around to it.
But yes quiet n very smooth operating for the price even new

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.