• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Steve Huff

It's never gonna be the same tho is it! Where's the sound and smell that makes your hair stand on end an makes you tingle?? It didn't make me go wow :unsure::LOL:
Central alt delete an turn it off an on again an wait while it reboots :ROFLMAO:
It sounded like a train pulling into the station when it was reversing lol no wonder the fat controller came to have a look at Thomas the tank engine :X3::ROFLMAO:

It's the new generation of race cars, Volkswagen has turned heads with it record setting run racing to the clouds at Pikes Peak.
"
The electric Volkswagen I.D. R racer set a new overall Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record Sunday, racing up to 14,115 feet in a stunningly quick 7:57.148. The previous overall record of 8:13.878 was set in 2013 by Sébastien Loeb in a Peugeot 208 T16.
"
This is new school boys.

Jeff
Screenshot_20230210-134130~2.png

It's the new generation of race cars, Volkswagen has turned heads with it record setting run racing to the clouds at Piles Peak.
"
The electric Volkswagen I.D. R racer set a new overall Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record Sunday, racing up to 14,115 feet in a stunningly quick 7:57.148. The previous overall record of 8:13.878 was set in 2013 by Sébastien Loeb in a Peugeot 208 T16.
"
This is new school boys.

JeffView attachment 62608
Sorry Jeff I'm old school, music rigs an cars, put a donk on it tune it in an petrol an flames :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (y)
Jonah

Sorry Jeff I'm old school, music rigs an cars, put a donk on it tune it in an petrol an flames :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (y)
Jonah
I can agree with you, I wish I had my 70 cornet rt back , but as time went on, and wife and kids priority ...... you know the drill.
But
This really is cutting edge.
They are going to get faster as they tweak the tech you can bet.
I know a couple guy's that hate nitrous because they run old school horsepower and think its cheating.
Falling into the over the hill category are we?

Jeff

I can agree with you, I wish I had my 70 cornet rt back , but as time went on, and wife and kids priority ...... you know the drill.
But
This really is cutting edge.
They are going to get faster as they tweak the tech you can bet.
I know a couple guy's that hate nitrous because they run old school horsepower and think its cheating.
Falling into the over the hill category are we?

Jeff
Yeah I hear you bruv life gets in the way for sure, I agree it's cutting edge but for the next gen not me haha
Yeah I'm falling into it but fighting not too ;) still feel like 19 in the head but the body reminds me I'm not
Jonah (y)

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Someday soon electric cars will be faster than even top fuel, but they will never be able to match the sensory experience that a combustion powered vehicle provides.
Meh… All you will need is two Christmas tree style air fresheners. Hang one in the back that smells like burnt rubber, and hang the other one in the front that smells like a mixture of nitro and gasoline.

Reactions: NZ8N
Good going Steve Huff, a great accomplishment. But the electric cars leave a little of the good ol days behind. No loud engine noise with the aroma of burnt gas, all the Honeys hanging around, all the racing going on in the parking lot after the main drag races. The racing impression it leaves on Yong Men such as l myself, after racing event rar inspections, and show and tell with boasting leading into another parking lot race, oh yeah the memories.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert. 889 CB 16. 27.155 Mc LSB

I used to work for Baldor Electric, assembling Electric motors. Electric motors can generate tremendous power and torque but I'm still not interested in an Electric vehicle for my daily driver, I'm old school all these Electric vehicles are just pimped out golf carts in my opinion.
201 mph is impressive, but like some others said the sound of a powerful motor with smell of racing fuel is half the fun. It's amazing to me when in the pit area of the drag races you can feel the power beating on your chest every time the driver revs the engine, you can't get that experience from an Electric dragster.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in an Electric vehicle for my daily driver, I'm old school all these Electric vehicles are just pimped out golf carts in my opinion.
Exactly right .
My Toyota Hilux runs on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) or gasoline. When I'm running on CNG it has ZERO emissions and only a very small power loss compared to running on the crap that they call gasoline now. Today's computer-controlled Internal Combustion Engines are powerful AND efficient. When an alternative fuel to replace gasoline is perfected, ICEs will become zero emission too. We'll probably see this fuel development come out of Formula 1 in the next few years. When this new fuel becomes available it will spell the end for electric cars. There are too many gearheads like G-Golly Wally and I out there that won't stand by if they try to phase out cars with ICEs.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Not to mention the vibrations that go through your body when a fuelie goes off the line. Hell, it shakes you in the back of the grand stands, and also blows you r ears out...batteries don't do that for sure.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.