• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange stuff going on here?

LoneWolf TN

Apr 2, 2005
I am having a ton of trouble logging on to this forum. I have to re-log in constantly. I try and view posts and I get logged out automatically, I try and post a reply and get logged out automatically. This is really getting mucking frustrating. I'm about ready to blow this frigging pc up with many many bullets!
No, I won't do that, but it is getting old... Any suggestion? I don't seem to have any problems anywhere but on WWRF. Ya recon a hacker is playing games???

A very frustrated LoneWolf TN

i have it as. ALWAYS STAY LOGGED IN. And i also have this site in my Fav. so all i have to do is click and im here! I have had it happen to me on another forum. But still havent figured out why.

strange

Sometimes I have to log in 10 times to get logged in. Sometimes I can't log in at all. Please help.

Thanks, LoneWolf TN

strange

The topic or post you requested does not exist
That is what appears when I try and view alot of the posts, and then cannot re-log in.

'cmmon admins, any ideas??

LoneWolf TN

HAve you cleared your temp files? Cookies? cleared your history?

changed your password?

strange

I always keep things cleared, and I changed my password to no avail. I have been trying to post a message on and off now for at least an hour with no luck - until now.
Is anyone else having similar problems?
If I continue to have problems like this, not being able to log in and view all posts, reply to posts and enjoy the forum etc, I may as well request to have my account deleted. I hope there is some way to fix this problem, because I have enjoyed the WWRF since it's beginning a few years ago.

LoneWolf TN

strange

Moleculo, any suggestion?
I just talked to my wife and she said that a certain Yahoo forum she is on, even the owner of that forum is having alot of problems posting etc.

LoneWolf TN

LoneWolf Tn,
I haven't had any problems like you are having. But it sounds like something with in your PC, maybe a virus of some sort.

A few days ago when I logged onto this site, my anti-virus blocked a Trojan coming in.
----------------
DXman

strange

Hey DX, the better half took the pc to a computer shop here locally yesterday morning. He found a bunch of adware and spyware. He got rid of all infections and installed more adware and spyware cleaning software and tools. Still having the same problems.
I just had to log in 3 times to make it work, 3 times is actually great.

LoneWolf TN

your computer is having a hard time with the cookies needed. check your internet settings

It's AOL. There are problems with AOL and certain types of sites that require the use of something called "sessions" to tell if you're logged in. I hate to tell you, but this AOL problem is pretty well publicized on the internet, and there's not much we can do about it. My best suggestion (you're not going to want to hear this) would be to spend the $20/month on a regular internet service provider and dump AOL. This problem (and others) will go away.

AOL sucks! Many years ago, I had it and it drove me nuts. I signed up with a local company that had internet access for half of what AOL was charging me and throughput increased really nicely.

I now have cable modem and while it's a little expensive compared to the charges I had with the regular internet company, the speed is so much faster that I pay it happily.

AOL keeps sending me "new version" disks every few months and they go right into the trash.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.