• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stranger taking pictures

It's not uncommon for foreigners to take photos of random stuff

Hahahaha
I live In Mariposa, near the entrance to Yosemite Nat Park, We are flooded with Turons ( this is a local word, tourist, combined with moron= Turon ) every spring all over town.
I came home for lunch one day to find a whole japanese family standing under my Apple tree taking pictures with my house in the background.
Being very nice, I attempted to get them to understand this was my home, not an historic building....this resulted in the Father(?) of the family attempting to give me $20 bucks for the photos.......

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
FWIW
I have free time so like to sit out on the porch when the weather is decent. Couple of weeks ago this vehicle would drive slowly up the street and stop in front of one of the neighbor's houses. After a couple of times doing that the driver got out and took pictures of a house a bit in front of him. Did that more than once, even walked up to their front yard for a closer picture (cell phone). The third time around I got my camera and took pictures of him doing this. When he turned and saw me doing that he left and hasn't been back. No idea what he was doing, the house isn't for sale etc. I may/may not care for a neighbor, but they're MY neighbors, you know? (Married, but not bad looking!)
- 'Doc

The property where I live is rural, just outside of a small town (pop. 1100) and was originally my great grandfathers whom I never knew. In fact I never knew my grandparents on my father`s side as they both died young. Anyway the property here was vacant from about 1953 until 1991 when I built the house, the old house having been long torn down. We built a Cape Cod style home which is set back against the river behind the house nestled under some huge oak trees. The first few years we were here the wife went nuts decorating for Christmas but in a nice old fashioned way that complemented the setting. Pine and hemlock brush laden window boxes with twigs of red berries and rose hips etc., wreaths under each window in front (6) and a large wreath on the front door, nice orange candelabras in all the windows and a faint white floodlight shining on it all. It looked really nice and comfy especially with some snow. One night we were sitting in the front room watching television and it had just started to snow a little. Suddenly I saw a bright FLASH!! and then total darkness outside. Hmmmmm.....I thought. Lightning with the snow tonight. Great. A short time later another FLASH!! and then another and another. People were stopping in front of the house to take pictures. That happened a LOT that winter and the next as well. Following that we noticed a lot of other places decorating the same way that had not done so in past years. We got quite the chuckle out of people taking pictures. Some even did so in the daylight.

Bad Neighbor

I don't care how many photos they take i had a clown.
Well more like a idiot that was coming into my yard late
at night cutting coax, wire antennas down. So i ended
up getting 3 low light game cameras and got him he
spent the weekend in jail and after we went to court
he had to pay up for all the crap he'd done His problem
was he didn't want to see my antennas? Funny part
he moved in 4 years after me you got to wonder sometimes;)

73 Al / N3IZR

Happened to me several times. It finally stopped when I put up a sign that says "This property is under video surveillance"!

uh, just mentioning that I have had a lot of 'stuff' on my roof for a long time. All of my neighbors are aware of this 'stuff' and they don't have a problem with any of it. Not sure why someone would be taking pix though :unsure:

What is it exactly that you'd like to understand? :unsure: ...

Tax assessors will also photograph homes. Additionally, real estate developers can come around. You never know when a commercial developer will come around and pay you twice market value for your property.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.