• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 490 now available

DTB Post what you think of the 490hp. I would kinda of like to know before I order one.

You will and do aline TX and RX?

Looking for that 90 to 100% modulation, would like to know where the carrier is set.

Thanks

Dave why the hell are they so affraid of putting SSB in a radio?? I understand its more work and the cost of the radio will be higher than these without but I along with alot of other people are pretty much ssb users. As far as 11 meters goes I think ssb is cleanest of the AM SSB choice regaurdless of the shi!+ that is or also makes its way there. AM is just fawkin crazy. I was holding off on trying another radio because I thought Justin had said there was a SSB rig in the makings but Im thinking the hell with it I may just try one of the Magnum S-9 series radios

why not call stryker yourself and ask them about the ssb unit
1 910-221-1086

....ok..i just talked to shawn at stryker . he said the ssb model should come out about the end of june ,is a dual final doing about 40-50 watts and it will have a frequency display on it,and itll have a totally new circuit board . a high power version will follow it later on .
they are also going to be comming out with mics and some other accessories . i suggested a heil hc-5 element for the mic element and he checked their site while on the phone with me and said that could be a great idea...........or maybe he just blew smoke up my butt to get me off the phone,hahahahaha.
but seriously....a very nice person to talk to and will listen to and answer questions .

Why no SSB? Simple a smart business decision their is 2 ssb models in the works. 1 entry level radio and 2nd model intends to be new board and nice rig. Remember the demand for ssb models has been very low past few years.

NorthStar said:
Why no SSB? Simple a smart business decision their is 2 ssb models in the works. 1 entry level radio and 2nd model intends to be new board and nice rig. Remember the demand for ssb models has been very low past few years.

Heh new board? Want to bet it will just be another modified Ranger board like the 440hp?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Stryker but I would still
imagine their ssb radio will be just like any other export.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated