• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 NPC/swing mod

Removing D28 kills AM transmission... on mine it did...
What the heck you up against?

Can you post up a pic of where your D28 is?

There are several board "types" but if you have this one...

Here's what I would do...

upload_2021-6-23_20-19-19.png

Locate rear panel in Yellow Square,
Locate Q54 - to it's right - next to it are a SMD cap and Resistor
Place BANDED end of Diode to Starred location
(towards rear panel)
Use a 220ohm resistor in series
-solder it's free end to opposite side of these two parts​

To compromise the Limiter to function less clipping - SHORT out D28 using solder blob or remove and solder jumper in place.

AM ANL W10 pot can now control Limiter linearly...

To disable Limiter remove D41 - Not shown TP501

Warning and CAUTION:
For Educational Purposes Only
It is your Equipment
It is Your Responsibility

DON'T Blow it!
We Cannot Be Held Responsible for your Actions

Well I do not know, I did not confirm that. I did confirm that jumping it (removing it actually) did work and seems to work very well.

I've never done the NPC where you've listed, I've always done it on the back of the board.

I did the mod on the lincoln 2 with removing D28 and AM and SSB audio worked perfectly fine after mod. This was on the older v3. Not sure what people are running into or if they just removed it without doing the NPC mod. Very hard to fit the parts in but I managed it. Why did I do the mod - because I wanted to drive a particular amp with 1 watt input and the radio on AM the peak was super low when carrier was turned down. NPC solved that.

On 955 this is not an issue though so wouldn't do the mod on that radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated