• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

Just got a call from Stryker she said my radio will ship tomorrow. By usps hell I may never get it!!!

Just got mine in today. Wasn't supposed to be here til tomorrow, came early!! Got it all set up, did what I do to the service menu, hooked it up to my computer.... all is good!! Upgraded finals do about 125 to 130 wats!! I cut it back. Don't need that. Everything looks and works great. The only thing I didn't do is get an audio check from someone who knows the difference. One local told me I was bassy, and another said it was crisp and loud. I'm temporarily using a Turner Plus 3 so I doubt it's full of bass. Anyhow, I'll get a good radio check in the next couple of days and see how it goes.

Just got mine in today. Wasn't supposed to be here til tomorrow, came early!! Got it all set up, did what I do to the service menu, hooked it up to my computer.... all is good!! Upgraded finals do about 125 to 130 wats!! I cut it back. Don't need that. Everything looks and works great. The only thing I didn't do is get an audio check from someone who knows the difference. One local told me I was bassy, and another said it was crisp and loud. I'm temporarily using a Turner Plus 3 so I doubt it's full of bass. Anyhow, I'll get a good radio check in the next couple of days and see how it goes.
Wow. Zippy radio! I'm curious on what the outcome of mine will be. Tick-tock.......

Wonder what those upgraded finals are?

Yes, they ship Priority Mail. 2 to 3 days, I would think.

I don't know. I didn't have to open it cuz it came with 11 meters opened. May be the same ones that DRail uses. Not sure. I'll ask Shawn when I get a chance.
I don't know what finals d-rail uses. Thought he just did his audio mods but then again I'm not familiar with his work.

It doesn't really matter I guess, but curiosity gets me haha. Just wonder if they're going from 520's to 13n10's or some other fets.

The final test of the replacement V2 955 is in the books~! All audio reports are stating excellent audio, great tone, loud, plenty of punch with just the right amount of bottom end. All functions working properly and the ears are just fine. The Noise Reduction option in the menu still sucks, big time! BUT, all is well. Hope it stays that way. I will have to do a bit more testing and adjustment when I get my M-1 mic back from Yaesu.

The official word from Shawn is that the finals upgrade they gave me are IRFZ24N transistors. Playing in the service menu, I was able to get about 130W out of them. I did cut them back a bit. No point in beating them up.
They've gone the way of ranger, that's what the RT1 mosfets are!

Looks like ranger started a trend.

Been trying to get a hold to Shawn all week. Emails go answered and phone call messages never get returned. They've gone mute.
Now I know what Undertaker felt like.

Last edited:
The official word from Shawn is that the finals upgrade they gave me are IRFZ24N transistors. Playing in the service menu, I was able to get about 130W out of them. I did cut them back a bit. No point in beating them up.
How's that warrantied and upgraded v2 doing now that you've had a few days with it?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.