• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

Mine went to Florida as well. Been following my RMA progress and the guy apparently installed a new board and now shipped it to Shawn in NC.
How many days did it take for them to perform the repair from the time you sent it in? I'm about to send mine in for multiple issues...

How many days did it take for them to perform the repair from the time you sent it in? I'm about to send mine in for multiple issues...

I can't tell you that. I don't have it back, yet. The RMA date 5/26. I received an RMA update that states the guy in Florida installed a new main board and then shipped it to Shawn. I have no idea why he didn't ship it back to me.

I can't tell you that. I don't have it back, yet. The RMA date 5/26. I received an RMA update that states the guy in Florida installed a new main board and then shipped it to Shawn. I have no idea why he didn't ship it back to me.
RMA date of 5-26 to present..thanks. That's a start. It gets shipped to Florida to get repaired, and then shipped back to NC? That is weird.

RMA date of 5-26 to present..thanks. That's a start. It gets shipped to Florida to get repaired, and then shipped back to NC? That is weird.
Yeah, apparently Stryker is in NC, but their repair center is in Florida. That's a cluster if I've ever seen one. Then, goes to NC before it comes home? I don't get it. i'm going to heat Shawn up a bit about this one.

Reactions: whiteastro
Maybe the software flashing has to be done by the stryker gurus? Just a guess, especially if they don't want the software code revealed for certain reasons. There has to be a logical reason though. Shipping costs money and factor that by hundreds of those same shipping costs. Not sure they'd intentionally want to bleed out money like that......

But then again it is 2022, lot's of weird senseless crap goes on that I never imagined I'd see.....

Last edited:
Maybe the software flashing has to be done by the stryker gurus? Just a guess, especially if they don't want the software code revealed for certain reasons. There has to be a logical reason though. Shipping cost money and factor that by hundreds of those same shipping costs. Not sure they'd intentionally want to bleed out money like that......

But then again it is 2022, lot's of weird senseless crap goes on that I never imagined I'd see.....
Seems to me they'd use a tech in the same city, or at least, same state.

Reactions: Prof. Base
Seems to me they'd use a tech in the same city, or at least, same state.
Yeah you'd think, course like the rest of us they're probably struggling to find credible techs too. Possibly using a 3rd party repair facility.

Kind of like mechanics these days, they're really just parts changers!

Last edited:
Yeah you'd think, course like the rest of us they're probably struggling to find credible techs too. Possibly using a 3rd party repair facility.

Kind of like mechanics these days, they're really just parts changers!
I actually have their email addy. It will show up on your rma report on the stryker site

I am surprised that it is cost effective to pay a tech to replace the whole board under warranty. The board has to be the most expensive part right?

Maybe the margins on radio sales are higher than I thought.
I'm sure those boards are much cheaper than a tech's labor to change a memory chip.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated