• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955

Just as an update, I'm beginning to have a little more confidence in my V2. I went back into the service menu and MAXED out the mod, both high and low, SSM power high, and set low power AM at 1.5W and SSB low power at about 10W - 12W pep. I'm finding NOW that my V2 has nearly the same forward swing as the V1. When I first took it from the box it was swinging back a little on average meter. I don't know exactly what those adjustments do, whether it opens up and limiters, or just increases the mod, etc. But, as an example, my AM H modulation from the box was set at 169. Keep in mind that lower numbers increase the mod. I first turned it down while watching the meter and the pep was climbing. When it stopped climbing, I left it. The number was 59. Nearly the same on AM low. SSB is higher numbers are higher power. Here is the thing I noticed tonight. I put the meter in average mode and tried the AM mod again. At number 59 it was still dipping, SLIGHTLY back. For squirts a grins, I set the number to 1 and tried it again. Large forward swing. Set the number to 250+, and nearly NO mod at all. So I went back and set all my modulation at 1, and maxed out my SSB. Now the radio has nearly 100W PEP and good, clean modulation. I set my AM high power at about 25W carrier. I usually talk at about 14W and it swings to nearly 100W pep, and still swings forward on average. AM low is set to 1.5W and swings to about 12W pep. These things are tricky. I can't explain WHY continuing past the peak PEP modulation would allow the average to swing forward, but it does. Now, the issue I am still having is with the software. It reads all the way from the radio and just before it displays, it gives me an error 6 overflow message. I can't use my computer to program it.

Just as an update, I'm beginning to have a little more confidence in my V2. I went back into the service menu and MAXED out the mod, both high and low, SSM power high, and set low power AM at 1.5W and SSB low power at about 10W - 12W pep. I'm finding NOW that my V2 has nearly the same forward swing as the V1. When I first took it from the box it was swinging back a little on average meter. I don't know exactly what those adjustments do, whether it opens up and limiters, or just increases the mod, etc. But, as an example, my AM H modulation from the box was set at 169. Keep in mind that lower numbers increase the mod. I first turned it down while watching the meter and the pep was climbing. When it stopped climbing, I left it. The number was 59. Nearly the same on AM low. SSB is higher numbers are higher power. Here is the thing I noticed tonight. I put the meter in average mode and tried the AM mod again. At number 59 it was still dipping, SLIGHTLY back. For squirts a grins, I set the number to 1 and tried it again. Large forward swing. Set the number to 250+, and nearly NO mod at all. So I went back and set all my modulation at 1, and maxed out my SSB. Now the radio has nearly 100W PEP and good, clean modulation. I set my AM high power at about 25W carrier. I usually talk at about 14W and it swings to nearly 100W pep, and still swings forward on average. AM low is set to 1.5W and swings to about 12W pep. These things are tricky. I can't explain WHY continuing past the peak PEP modulation would allow the average to swing forward, but it does. Now, the issue I am still having is with the software. It reads all the way from the radio and just before it displays, it gives me an error 6 overflow message. I can't use my computer to program it.
Error 6. Hmm. You make sure the port settings are set? It is communicating, so they must be. Maybe try running the CMD sfc /scannow and see if a system file is misbehaving. If all else fails, shoot Shawn a message at Stryker.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Error 6. Hmm. You make sure the port settings are set? It is communicating, so they must be. Maybe try running the CMD sfc /scannow and see if a system file is misbehaving. If all else fails, shoot Shawn a message at Stryker.
Yeah, been through it all. The old software worked perfectly on the V1. I've now tried this on three laptops with win 10 with no joy. Shawn is clueless, tells me to reset the radio first, as if that wasn't one of my first tries.

I used the 1.0 software on 4 radios without issue. Took the v2 out of the box, downloaded the software, uninstalled the 1.0 and installed the 2.0, set com port, everything fine. Radio and computer communicate and recognize each other. Click on Read Radio, it goes all the way to the end and then pops the error and closes the program. Reinstalled the 1.0, connected the V1 and all is well. Went back to V2 and 2.0, no joy. Shawn tells me I am unique. SMFH...

I heard from the dust floating from southwest New Mexico that these are splatterboxes due to mismatched transistors plus a list of other issues that only one man can fix.
Oh! You heard that, too, huh? Well, ya have to give him credit for being resourceful. He knew he had to do something to keep the scam going.

I heard from the dust floating from southwest New Mexico that these are splatterboxes due to mismatched transistors plus a list of other issues that only one man can fix.
We ALL already know there's only one competent technician that can make that diagnosis. Sad that nobody's else has caught it.... The manufacturer didn't catch it and the Stryker techs aren't competent enough either!!

I mean, we have to "pay attention" and believe it because the one and only said so!!

Hate to say it, but we're all at a loss here fellas.... Your 955's will aways be just splatter boxes that stand no chance of performing...

ResizedP_0238d24e-60b2-400e-8377-26f1206c16f4_62101830116569.gif

Reactions: NZ8N and codeman
We ALL already know there's only one competent technician that can make that diagnosis. Sad that nobody's else has caught it.... The manufacturer didn't catch it and the Stryker techs aren't competent enough either!!

I mean, we have to "pay attention" and believe it because the one and only said so!!

Hate to say it, but we're all at a loss here fellas.... Your 955's will aways be just splatter boxes that stand no chance of performing...

View attachment 58966

"tap tap tap tap" Pay attention to the calibration certification. Window lickers don't have that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.