• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker antennas

There's a couple guys on another forum who run them, and seem to like them...I've never ran one and doubt I ever will sense I find it hard to believe it could ever out-perform the Predator 10K I've been running since 2004....but that's just me...

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
I've got an sr-a10mm on my Durango with a spare tucked away in the shack and I have to say it's a performer coupled to either my 94hpc or at-6666. I ran the Wilson's and even the magnetic base with several types of antennas but the Stryker tops them all. I haven't had or even seen the ar10 but the sr-a10's have proven themselves to me and the online reviews are all pretty favorable. I know truckers have talked them up well too on 18 wheelers.

Reactions: 357magnum
+1 on the 10K but I’m not knocking Shawn’s antenna. The light up coil housing is a novelty on the mag-mount but a cool one.

They appear to be well built or at least the few I’ve had here seemed to be. Nobody has complained or tried to return one yet, yet.

But I’m with JJD on the Predator... I’ll never run anything else myself, I’m sold, convinced and got the Koolaid ingested. It’s worth every drop.

You won’t be sorry with that antenna though, it’s a pretty good antenna.

+1 on the 10K but I’m not knocking Shawn’s antenna. The light up coil housing is a novelty on the mag-mount but a cool one.

They appear to be well built or at least the few I’ve had here seemed to be. Nobody has complained or tried to return one yet, yet.

But I’m with JJD on the Predator... I’ll never run anything else myself, I’m sold, convinced and got the Koolaid ingested. It’s worth every drop.

You won’t be sorry with that antenna though, it’s a pretty good antenna.

Have you tried a 7' skipshooter. I really didn't notice much difference between it and a 10k. It's puck mounted on a pickup truck. I expect a 16 pill to smoke it but it's been going strong for years.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Have you tried a 7' skipshooter. I really didn't notice much difference between it and a 10k. It's puck mounted on a pickup truck. I expect a 16 pill to smoke it but it's been going strong for years.
I've never herd anything bad about the Skipshooter antenna's either...My ONLY problem with fiberglass antenna's tho, (specially the taller ones) is they are not going to flex out of the way when you whack a good strong tree branch...main reason I stick with antenna's with stingers that will bend and let the object you whack slide right on by...

I know the skipshooter has a short stinger for tuning, but 7' of it is solid fiberglass.

513510.png

I've not tried one either but I just gotta be biased and stick with Kale's antenna, the man is human gold. I'm not saying everything else is poo but in my opinion it is, I know it's not but my opinion is the Predator is the best. I'll certainly put his customer service up against anyone else in the business.

BUT... the Stryker antenna's are good. Like I said, I like the way the SR-10mm lights up, cool novelty. The SR-A10 that looks similar to a Wilson trucker, that's a pretty good antenna too but I don't believe it has the novelty lighting inside it (it might, beats me).

The SR-5K which I think is being phased out, looks just like every other Wilson mag mount that's ever been made... probably a good antenna too. And the SR-2K which looks exactly like a Wilson trucker, that's most likely a good antenna also... and they're more than likely all cheaper than the Wilson antennas.

Cobra makes one that looks like a Wilson trucker, the HGA7000. I've sold a bunch of those things and tuned a bunch of them, for the money, I'd buy that before the Wilson.

Iv'e been using a Styker Sra 10 mag mount for a few years now , IMO it's built well , Iv'e hit a lot of things w/it and it stays in place and works flawlessly . SSB and Am Dx w/ my King Bee 250 made a big difference compared to my " Old " K-40 . I know it's Mother Nature but almost same conditions and exact same spot I was able to make contacts on 26,28 and 6 the first day I had it. Before it wasn't that easy . Two of my friends saw it and purchased the same . I'm sure they have a lot better but I like mine . I got screwed , No Blue Lights on mine !:LOL: 73 and God Bless , Leo

Haha, yeah the newest ones light up, the older ones don’t. I believe it’s built better than the Wilson mag mount but that’s just my opinion. I do know from experience that after hitting a lot of tree limbs, a Wilson will break inside the coil housing. I can’t speak for the Stryker though because I haven’t ran one.

I've not tried one either but I just gotta be biased and stick with Kale's antenna, the man is human gold. I'm not saying everything else is poo but in my opinion it is, I know it's not but my opinion is the Predator is the best. I'll certainly put his customer service up against anyone else in the business.

BUT... the Stryker antenna's are good. Like I said, I like the way the SR-10mm lights up, cool novelty. The SR-A10 that looks similar to a Wilson trucker, that's a pretty good antenna too but I don't believe it has the novelty lighting inside it (it might, beats me).

The SR-5K which I think is being phased out, looks just like every other Wilson mag mount that's ever been made... probably a good antenna too. And the SR-2K which looks exactly like a Wilson trucker, that's most likely a good antenna also... and they're more than likely all cheaper than the Wilson antennas.

Cobra makes one that looks like a Wilson trucker, the HGA7000. I've sold a bunch of those things and tuned a bunch of them, for the money, I'd buy that before the Wilson.

First I've heard of any lighting on the Stryker antennas, maybe both of mine are older models. Now I'm curious ,even though it's not my kind of of thing

Well I know the new mag mount one will. You can probably see it in action on YouTube. I can’t say anything about the other one though, haven’t seen that one yet.

I believe it just screws on like the Wilsons do, seems like I saw a roof mount version but I’d have to look. The trucker style, you could hard mount.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.