• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker antennas

Yup same as a Wilson screw mount to mag , trucker style is different isn't it ? Not sure w/out checking isn't the load part way up the antenna ? I'll check later this pc sucks !:eek::LOL:

Yes the trucker style has the shaft. My knowledge is the longer the shaft, the longer the loaded section and that means better performance. I’ll say that’s an opinionated subject or statement maybe. I know raising the coil over the highest point of the vehicle definitely helps in several areas.

I’m trying to get in on that first batch of M1’s so I’m gonna call Stryker today and while I’m on the phone with them, see if that trucker lights up too.

Yeah I ordered one for a guy and got one without the lights. He found out about the light-up one and came back raising hell at me about it. I asked him if he could see it sitting in the truck talking on it but he didn’t like that too good.

I took it back. Ordered him a novelty one and he was happy. Some people are easy to satisfy...and amuse I guess.

Personally I would rather not have the light, but I'm just no fun like that.;)

Yup same as a Wilson screw mount to mag , ....

That's good to hear, I believe some of the Sirio antennas also use that mount don't they?

If going with a hard mount it would be nice to know you're not making a commitment to one brand of antenna.

Reactions: 357magnum
Yes the trucker style has the shaft. My knowledge is the longer the shaft, the longer the loaded section and that means better performance. I’ll say that’s an opinionated subject or statement maybe. I know raising the coil over the highest point of the vehicle definitely helps in several areas.

I’m trying to get in on that first batch of M1’s so I’m gonna call Stryker today and while I’m on the phone with them, see if that trucker lights up too.
imo i always felt the same way. ive never expermented with this though. only reason im looking into enclosed coil is up here in n.w pa we get alot of freezing rain /snow.

imo i always felt the same way. ive never expermented with this though. only reason im looking into enclosed coil is up here in n.w pa we get alot of freezing rain /snow.
Well we get a little bit but not a lot and I’ve ran a Predator for a loooong time. Never had an issue with it but I certainly understand the concern for the closed coil.

Reactions: hotrod
The 17" shaft predator was the shortest that would tune well on my truck. With the shorter shafts the viswars would go up with the leenyar on.

Are the wilson 1000 and 5000 mag mounts still decent? I've been thinking about getting one for the company truck when I have to go out of town.

Well I’m not the authority on antennas but I’ll relay what the wholesalers are telling me, you be the judge..

With the tariff tax thing, Wilson is going up and in my opinion, they’re already high enough. On top of that, I’ve been told they aren’t owned by Wilson but Barjan now. I guess if that’s true then quality could go either way.

And for those two reasons, I’ve been pushing Stryker antennas. My personal choice is Predator and where they’ll work, I push that.

The 17" shaft predator was the shortest that would tune well on my truck. With the shorter shafts the viswars would go up with the leenyar on.

Are the wilson 1000 and 5000 mag mounts still decent? I've been thinking about getting one for the company truck when I have to go out of town.
just curious as to where ya mounted it? my current antenna is a sirio 5000 fighter series .on my mfj 259b x= 0 is at 26xxx.guess i need to trim whip.can i trim it from the top its much thinner...lol. wilsons quaility has suffered some BUT they still tx/rx just as good and im sure they still handle power. for what its worth my wilson 5000 x=0 for most of the 11 meter band

Reactions: 543_Dallas
just curious as to where ya mounted it? my current antenna is a sirio 5000 fighter series .on my mfj 259b x= 0 is at 26xxx.guess i need to trim whip.can i trim it from the top its much thinner...lol. wilsons quaility has suffered some BUT they still tx/rx just as good and im sure they still handle power. for what its worth my wilson 5000 x=0 for most of the 11 meter band

It was on a puck mount as far back as possible on an extended cab pick-up. About 6 inches in front of the 3rd brake light.

Reactions: hotrod
Hotrod , Same here w/ my Stryker Mag mount , My Explorer has a sun roof also and ribs on the roof that the magnet won't allow me any other option but back by that brake light ,it's not really where I wanted it but works fine though .

Well I’m not the authority on antennas but I’ll relay what the wholesalers are telling me, you be the judge..

With the tariff tax thing, Wilson is going up and in my opinion, they’re already high enough. On top of that, I’ve been told they aren’t owned by Wilson but Barjan now. I guess if that’s true then quality could go either way.

And for those two reasons, I’ve been pushing Stryker antennas. My personal choice is Predator and where they’ll work, I push that.

Well I bought a Wilson 5000. Got it tuned a few days ago and put it back in the garage until I had time to figure out where to put the radio.

When I put it back on the swr was sky high. The thing went bad sitting on a table. Long story short the Chinese do a poor job of soldering the center conductor in the magnetic base.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.