• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STRYKER EXPERT NEEDED

W1R3T4P said:
Hey KEEP, what does the meter on the front of the radio show?
Mine showed almost the same as the peak meter I used.

That's one very nice thing I've noticed about just about every Stryker I've looked at. In almost every case, the meter on the radio jives VERY closely to what the bench meter shows. Only one that I can think of didn't show the full PEP, and the customer wasn't concerned enough to have me track down why.

W1R3T4P said:
Hey KEEP, what does the meter on the front of the radio show?
Mine showed almost the same as the peak meter I used.

What pep?? The frekin thing doesn't swing.. I'm not kiddin. My doesy should be here in a couple days. If It's not working, Im sending it back. He told me it the radio has a 90 day warranty.

Keep, did you get the Tech Choice tune? My buddies swung backwood at all power settings, 6 watts low DK and pegging 30+ DK by just cracking the variable up a bit. Talk back hummed when opened a tad with mic set at 9. sounded like crap on recieve end of it transmitting at any setting. My meter reads 50 when modulated with 10 DK. Meter is the 50 watt max. one. The beformention Stryker has the newer 100 watt meter! I did know that they changed meter design.

boomer111 said:
I have the Stryker and am totally satisfied with it. Justin did the work. I do have RF noise from the big Cat engine, like 5 S units worth under acceleration. Same radio with not the problem in my older mechanical big truck motor. No it's not the Stryker it's the Tech's Choice Tune!!!, as well as bogus shipping standards with regards to 10k antennas.
So Boomer you never got the noise from the Cat engine to quiet down. I didn't either. Cat swears they don't have a problem :?

Sleepwalker....Ya big bummer. Pretty much have given up. I went the Cat coporate route too with Huh what noise we havent't heard of any problems. I haven't tried the Radio Shack part # 273-105 on each pos. and neg. injection wire yet. DTB radio tip. Seems some engines do it worse or just a bit like one S unit or so. Mine on the worse side 5 S units.

821.. One Stop. Franks a good guy. I have dealt with him in the past. Not sure of the tech work comming out of his store though. Looks like DTB is the man now. I know thats where I'll be going if I have problems. FGBest is another good store, it where Justin used to work.

I was thinking of getting a stryker.My truck does have a cat in it.Maybe I should think about it somemore.

boomer111 said:
Sleepwalker....Ya big bummer. Pretty much have given up. I went the Cat coporate route too with Huh what noise we havent't heard of any problems. I haven't tried the Radio Shack part # 273-105 on each pos. and neg. injection wire yet. DTB radio tip. Seems some engines do it worse or just a bit like one S unit or so. Mine on the worse side 5 S units.

I'm not sure why CAT is being so stubborn about admitting that there is a problem. Possibly because they didn't have any issues in the past. Anyway, that tip should knock the noise down or completely out in most situations. The injector actuators/solenoids generate RF interference, and those little parts (clip-on RF chokes) knock the RF out before it can be radiated.

boomer111 said:
821.. One Stop. Franks a good guy. I have dealt with him in the past. Not sure of the tech work comming out of his store though. Looks like DTB is the man now. I know thats where I'll be going if I have problems. FGBest is another good store, it where Justin used to work.

Frank sucks at mods. Screwed up my Cobra. DTB is the MAN!!

Strykers have a bad problem when it come to noise. I had 4 of em at one time and they all had the same problem. Even here at home on my Imax they still had over 3 db's of noise on ANY channel! I played around with each of them and never could get it out, gave up and sold em all!

.....But if the day ever comes and the factory can fix that problem so that I DONT have to send it to someone else and have them do a modification to fix then i will buy another one. But until then i wont wast my money. Whats the point of having all that power if you cant hear who you are talking to?

Well like I said the Stryker in the older Pete with a 1992 400 cat was fine, although I have the Mofset recieve mod. In the newer Cat 15 Acert motor well it's normal except when the manifold gets over 20 lbs. By the way these newer Cats get 50 lbs pressure. I have switched radios and they all pick up the RF interference the same.

Thanks Kevin. I have the C-12 in mine.I do know this whatever radio I get.It will be from DTB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.