• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker repair

My 955 is noisy as well but so is my Lincoin 2+ I was able to cut the noise in half by going from a fender hood mount to a Stryker A10 mag mount. Much quieter but I still get tons of noise when I’m driving around town. 5 to 6db worth! My grant xl has hardly any noise to speak of no matter where I am driving. Maybe I should swap the coax out that came with the A10 and replace with 240. When I was running my 955 in my 18 Silverado with a fender mount I was getting tons of noise from the power steering and lights but in my wife’s 23 4 runner trd pro it’s so much more quiet using the A10 Stryker mag. If I get away from town I get 0db noise but if I’m in town I’ll get 4-7 depends where I am. If I could get my 955 receive to sound like my grant it would be the perfect mobile radio!
Get everyplace in town to shut off their LED signs, traffic lights, etc and you'll be good to go! Life in the 21st century!

JD

jdchet I agree. There is so much crap in town with wifi, led's, alarm systems, neon lights. I have worked the graveyard shift for 33 years, you really get to know the noisy spots.

What was once new is old again. Here's a quote from an article in Popular Electronics magazine from March 1970.

We are bound to have problems with electromagnetic smog as long as, in the words (in "IEEE Transactions on EMC," October 1964) of Rexford Daniels, president of Interference Consultants, "we try to fit a microvolt civilization into a millivolt world."

Here's a link to the whole article. RFI circa 50 or more years ago.
https://www.rfcafe.com/references/p...left-field-march-1970-popular-electronics.htm

I wouldn't bet on it getting any better any time soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.