• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker repair

loosecannon said:
i used to drive a ford taurus, and used a wilson 1000 on a trunk lip mount.

the fuel pump noise was about s-5 worth.

really noisy!

i changed out the stock coax to LMR240, which is double shielded.
brought the noise down to s-1.
moved the antenna to the roof, and hard mounted it.
noise was GONE!!

moving your antenna too roof was the best thing ya done
trunks arent grounded well and i dont like the trunk lip mount
design.definately the coax swap was money very well spent
i also run lmr 400 on base

i'll never go back; i have seen the difference.
loosecannon

Shawn at Stryker had me send mine to "Key CB" (Warranty repair).They fixed it the day they recieved it and shipped it out the next day.Talk about killer service!I already have my name on the list for the new one !! They called me and explained the problem,said what they had to do,and mailed it out.Thats what Im talking about!Awsome service!Thank you Shawn
They must have changed. I stryker had me send my radio there and he has had it for 4 weeks. Got every excuse from I got 2 radios ahead of you to I'm busy trying to get my cousin out of jail.

Reactions: skip searcher
I had two Stryker radios in for elective warranty repair recently and it took about 8 weeks or so for them to be sent back. Since I had another radio, I really didn't lean on them for a fast turnaround.

Nothing major, just LEDs replaced around the bezels, talkback desensitized and some internal shielding added. Repairs were affected under warranty free of charge as requested and equipment is functioning properly. (y)

Upon receipt, I did notice that the decal set they used is slightly larger than the plastic recess so they tend to come loose from the face plate on the ends. It looks like they tried to press around the face plate hard to get the decal to stick and rubbed up the decal with fine scratches. Not a deal breaker, but these radios where like new with not a single smudge, fingerprint or scratch on them. That's just how I roll :cool:

Oh well, anytime someone else handles you radios, you run the risk of cosmetic alterations.

same here, I heard someone died or somersetting
I finally got my radio back after 4 weeks. Before my radio burnt the finals I had to keep my radio a 1/4 to a 1/3 with the power settings because close drivers said I was blowing their ears off. Now that I have it back I have to turn everything all the way up to be heard one half a mile away. Taking to another radio shop to see they put in smaller finals.

I finally got my radio back after 4 weeks. Before my radio burnt the finals I had to keep my radio a 1/4 to a 1/3 with the power settings because close drivers said I was blowing their ears off. Now that I have it back I have to turn everything all the way up to be heard one half a mile away. Taking to another radio shop to see they put in smaller finals.
who fixed it?

Well I'm thinking of purchasing 1 but having it set at 70 watts so not to do any internal damage .
Don't get me wrong. I think stryker has one hell of a radio. I bought mine from walcot radio. I had it for 2 years and for months before I had the finals burn out. In my opinion their customer service, for which I could never get anyone on the phone, to their warranty represent service really needs a major overhaul. I am talking about strykers overhaul.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I think stryker has one hell of a radio. I bought mine from walcot radio. I had it for 2 years and for months before I had the finals burn out. In my opinion their customer service, for which I could never get anyone on the phone, to their warranty represent service really needs a major overhaul. I am talking about strykers overhaul.
I'm aware there after service is poor I havent seen any good posts on that well I wouldn't run my high power 70 watts and at times lower .

Don't get me wrong. I think stryker has one hell of a radio. I bought mine from walcot radio. I had it for 2 years and for months before I had the finals burn out. In my opinion their customer service, for which I could never get anyone on the phone, to their warranty represent service really needs a major overhaul
I am saying stryker not walcot needs to fix these problems.
Don't get me wrong. I think stryker has one hell of a radio. I bought mine from walcot radio. I had it for 2 years and for months before I had the finals burn out. In my opinion their customer service, for which I could never get anyone on the phone, to their warranty represent service really needs a major overhaul
I'm aware there after service is poor I havent seen any good posts on that well I wouldn't run my high power 70 watts and at times lower .
To be total truthful it was very very rare that I ever turned my radio over 1/3 power. But thanks for the advice

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.