• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR -955 hp

Not sure of the details but I believe there was an AGC issue with those that has been worked out, also the routing of a harness inside seems to have been a problem (also worked out I believe). I may be thinking of another radio though so don't quote me on it, if anybody is interested in one some research is in order.

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye
Indeed in my 955 I have a problem receiving the SSB signals are particularly pronounced distortion on high level. Low distortion can only be achieved by reducing the gain. Mods AGC done, but the effect of the weak. A signal transfer mode of high quality. It turns out that not all radio receiver has a problem ssb. It is a pity it turns out the problem is no solution.

I just installed a 2950 in place of my 955 that I'm sending off for repair. I'm thinking that the receive on the 955 might be having issue's. Some stations that sounded loud and dirty on the 955 actually sound really good on the 2950. If I can get the issues worked out of the stryker it will stay in the truck. The 955 is very driver friendly.

I just installed a 2950 in place of my 955 that I'm sending off for repair. I'm thinking that the receive on the 955 might be having issue's. Some stations that sounded loud and dirty on the 955 actually sound really good on the 2950. If I can get the issues worked out of the stryker it will stay in the truck. The 955 is very driver friendly.
What went wrong with your 955????:mad:

There is a thread here where I fixed this. Another member called stryker and they sent him some kind of foil tape vs soldering the grounds like I did. I don't remember him saying if it solved the issue or not.
I should probably update that thread. I installed the copper tape, but it didn't fix it. Stryker said to solder a long ground trace to the frame. I tried to solder it, but I was having a hard time getting the aluminum frame hot enough.

I didn't realize that was you. I didnt see how the tape under the lids would help but gave them the benefit of the doubt. It's a shame they can't offer a better solution. It only took a few beers to get mine straight.

I'd have to check but is the board DC isolated from the chassis? I can't remember. If it is bonding the enclosures to the chassis might cause a ground loop.

Anyone know of a good desk mic to use on my Cobra 2000GTL???

UAB3GB9.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.