• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR -955 hp

I think you are correct about 42 owning one of those boards and if I am correct his transmitting distance would be cut by about a third if he went back to using it, which is probably why he no longer uses it although I'm sure at the time it was probably a huge step in the right direction from where he was before.
It has nothing to do with how mmm sounds. I made the comment about the mmm board because I think 42 owns one. The board doesn't make mmm sound the way he does, that's is audio processing. All his board does is feed the collectors of the final and driver. How anyone sounds using it is entirely up to them. There are more ways to achieve this and one can do it without purchasing the mmm contraption, hams have done it for many years.

Last edited:
If a specific length jumper needs to be used, there is a mismatch somewhere. If you beleive something else idk what to tell you. A properly matched 50ohm system, this includes, but not limited to, antenna, radio, meters, amps, and any other in line devices that may cause an impedance imbalance. This is where using a longer or different length jumper does nothing more than to mask another issue. Does he know for sure that the input/output of the amp is tuned to 50ohms. Is the antenna or has the antenna been verified with an analzyer to show R=50, X=0 at resonant freq?? If not then all that is being done is manipulating the coax length to achieve a match. This is not coax fundamentals, but more how to match a piece of equipment that is obviously not a 50ohm matched setup all in all. JMHO. Read some of this stuff. It helps!! Read it and then re read it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image.png
    image.png
    408.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.png
    image.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.png
    image.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.png
    image.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I personally don't have any problem with how it works in my personal vehicle. It seemingly defies perceived laws of physics as long as it stays in my vehicle. The only problem would be if I sold this equipment to your next door neighbor and I failed to include the cable. I'm sure you could imagine my amusement as your neighbor is scratching his head trying to figure out why it doesn't work in his vehicle the way it did in mine even if the two vehicles were identical. Not to mention he would be pulling his hair out trying to figure out why he's bleeding on your TV set when I never bled on anybody's TV set or caused interference to anyone out of my vehicle.
If a specific length jumper needs to be used, there is a mismatch somewhere. If you beleive something else idk what to tell you. A properly matched 50ohm system, this includes, but not limited to, antenna, radio, meters, amps, and any other in line devices that may cause an impedance imbalance. This is where using a longer or different length jumper does nothing more than to mask another issue. Does he know for sure that the input/output of the amp is tuned to 50ohms. Is the antenna or has the antenna been verified with an analzyer to show R=50, X=0 at resonant freq?? If not then all that is being done is manipulating the coax length to achieve a match. This is not coax fundamentals, but more how to match a piece of equipment that is obviously not a 50ohm matched setup all in all. JMHO. Read some of this stuff. It helps!! Read it and then re read it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.