• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr955

I was in agreement with the noisy receiver, didn’t realize there’s a highcut but then again, I don’t own one (yet).

That Yeti radio is awesome, never saw one before.

I gotta ask this, how do you NPC mod the 955? I mean, if you want to run it low and put it into a box, you gotta key it low and you want full swing, right? You don’t want to turn the RF power up higher to get more (or enough) drive and then basically overdrive the amp, right? Granted it’s loud, it’s strong but some of us want to run a box.

And the ones that came with FRP’s, is the power higher than the 520’s? If you get a 520 is it worth swapping to the earlier mosfet?

I was in agreement with the noisy receiver, didn’t realize there’s a highcut but then again, I don’t own one (yet).

That Yeti radio is awesome, never saw one before.

I gotta ask this, how do you NPC mod the 955? I mean, if you want to run it low and put it into a box, you gotta key it low and you want full swing, right? You don’t want to turn the RF power up higher to get more (or enough) drive and then basically overdrive the amp, right? Granted it’s loud, it’s strong but some of us want to run a box.

And the ones that came with FRP’s, is the power higher than the 520’s? If you get a 520 is it worth swapping to the earlier mosfet?

I run a Texas Star 500V behind my Stryker 955.
I set my AM dead key around 3 watts going into the TS500V and then just let it run the peak watts into the amp. AM and SSB .......
Works just fine and hasn't hurt the amp in three years ......
However, I have installed Toshiba 2SC2879 transistors in my Texas Star amps.
The FQP13N10 MOSFETS will increase the radio output power some.
I have done several 955's that way.
But, is it of any benefit ?
No, I do not believe any benefit is derived from the change.
The IRF520's are very robust MOSFET's. If that is what comes in your 955, just leave them in there and it will perform great.
The Palomar MAX MOD upgrade is the best upgrade I believe I have found for this radio.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.