• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr955

Press a button and the blue faceplate will change to one of the other 6 colors. You can also dim the faceplate if you like. Red is one of the options.

Dont like the "sr 955 hp" on the meter? You have options there too. It will read voltage or you can put custom text there.

There is an owner's manual somewhere with this information.

The "F" refers to the TO-220 package - make sure Mouser understands that you want TO-220 METAL TAB - not flatpack - check the pics when your order your part. The TO-220 flatpak is an epoxy design - not much heat sink for the tab. Power wattage dissipation is different and much less than the Metal Tab Counterpart.

Do NOT get any 13's that have "L" Suffix. They are made for LOGIC - TTL stuff. Not enough analog in those for RF use - voltage gating response in them is different.

13's are VERY LOW voltage driven versus the IRF520 - so even though they provide a voltage adjustment - the Power supply to final cushion for reserve capacity is the problem - poor traces and even worse filtering.

SSB mode can kill these things - Gate voltages approaching 20 volts will puncture a 13' quicker than a IRF520.

The 13's give a better curve - but if you can switch to the 520 - it's a little more durable.

Else you can't keep enough current power reserve in there (to the rear panel) due to the thinner copper cladding they use and much less filtering - you'll have voltage SAGS that can hurt the 13's. You can't throw a 30 A power supply or even a 100A - because the board and the copper used - is the choke point - your voltage and power losses are internal. Even though there may be enough to supply 30 amps continuous - you will be hard pressed to find enough farads back there to cushion the spikes that kill the 13's.

I Love the receiver in these - but the output - best to be conservative and run the limiter.

Partly the reason for the 13's to blow, is the problems with their bias regions.
View attachment 23766

There is really nothing wrong, just understand that the more you add to the plumbing, the more likely the pipes will get stopped up...or break ...

It's a beautiful design, but not enough Bipolar - ok? Look above and thru it, There is 3 stages of MOSFET designs. Each one is biased less voltage more current dependent - which is normal - from >100K onto about 1K at the final - but 3 stages? Man! I'd be looking for the 1973SSB Predriver than a 2314 - it's like using a 2166 versus a 2029 - drive and more driven. It's not a Ford, or a Mazda - it's MOSFET hybrid from Bipolar output - so you can see that SSB modes and the sheer power it can deliver, It's a lot of gain, and hence the Smell when Scent Of Gain fails - hey come-on people - 4 stage amplification with not one negative feedback circuit? It's - all gain. NOT ONE ZENER IN THE BUNCH - Where's your VARISTOR? Shock Absorber? Or any sort of rectified regulation to keep voltage from MULTIPLYING ONTO THE NEXT STAGE?

No wonder those that use the above Haven't burned their house down - the Gates only dissipate so much power as heat and they're done!

Galaxy isn't immune - perhaps a better means to couple the power combiner but still use Zeners' at least to keep Gate Drive in check - VERY HIGH impedance bias though...buffered - but high...not much room for noise spikes to stay out of the drive line but ... keeps the gates working towards the pinch off side than hard over- Hard Over - full stop.
View attachment 23767

Ok, Yell at me later for only schematics, but the CONCEPTS are shown. High gain in both, but at least Zener and Some NFB is provided, not always used - but provided.

So, when it smokes, it's due to drive levels - not necessarily the fault on the operator - but heavy drive and SSB, back the mod down guys, the 13's will pop, potentially as a dead short and you have a small fire on your hands.

See Above...

:+> Andy <+:

I was reading back through this and I was going to like it again. LoL
(y)

Old thread, but mine popped a final also. Running it at home, 1.2 to 1 match, no toys, unmodded, bone stock. I was yacking away on 36 LSB and suddenly the radio went dead. Then the magic smoke came out. Sure as shit, blew Q45. My radio is an early 2014 build. The schematic I found at CB Tricks shows a FQPF13N10 final, not a FQP13N10. Any thoughts on this?

The FQPF is a 30 watt Mosfet ...... http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/fqpf13n10-298475.pdf
The FQP is a 65 watt Mosfet ...... https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/FQP13N10-1009495.pdf
I have three Stryker SR955 radios. Mt oldest one was purchased in 2016 .....
The first two I purchased came from factory with (4) FQP13N10 .......
The last one I purchased early this year, latest factory run, came with IRF520's ......

Well just remember to; Do like they do on the hammie bands, "Please - Pause (paws) for the cause" - means give the radio a break every now and then. (Walk the Dog - use the potty - whatever...)

And the "F" means the dissipation - flat back - epoxy with a smaller die for heat spreader - so remember that if you ratchetjaw a bit with any radio - keep the mod level down - these use "oxides" for gate insulators, they are not like the bi-polar ones - where theirs is a semiconductor grain and the whole thing is sandwiched into a spreader, the 13's or 520 - whichever you use, - will pop the gates if they get too hot from drive or from too much on-time in the duty cycle because they have to transfer heat (that includes the RF heating too) from the gate region thru an oxide layer to get to the other side and feel better - and we already know oxides are insulators even in the thermal realm - so don't over do it.

Why? I'll send you right back here to this thread if you wind up having it happen again...

"Why did the electrons cross over the gate - because they failed to find the fire escape" - may rhyme but doesn't make sense except only to those that it's happened to...but as punishment for ratchet jawing and popping another "13" - you're lucky number is drawn here...

:+> Andy <+:

Anyone on the forum using one of these radios I need the lowdown as I'm considering buying one , I've seen some for sale on Amazon but have been advised not to buy as they CB be cheap copies better to go to a Stryker dealer , basically I like the output power and the layout of the radio

ive i mine since they first came out. 4-5 years now. but i have only used it maybe a few hours. i use my kenwood ham rig dont need any exports

i like the stryker but hate the stupid beeps and echo. i have a local that has a annoying 5 tone beep in his bleeds all over 10 meters

I have a couple of the Stryker 955 radios........
I do keep the beeps turned off .....
and I do use ever so slightly a tiny amount of echo as it does help somewhat with getting some punch in the audio way out here in the ranch country .....

Reactions: skip searcher
you know to each his own i have a 955hp only hooked it up to test. then put it away. after passing my ham ticket. but i am finding ham radio is very expensive. i went all in with the best of the best. most dont they start out small and work up. stupid on my part live and learn

Does the 955 have automatic squelch control? Just wondering.

I would suspect that if you were going to buy enough of them and you were not in N. America where they seem to have a distributor for some products under the Stryker name it could have ASC.

The same thing goes for almost all of the Stryker line up. If you ask for it are willing to pay for it and buy enough Chinese companies are usually very happy to make accommodations. Like the craptastic encoders and controllers and code on the Stryker's.If it was important enough to the brand engineering ie slapping your name on another companies product it could be fixed. At the insane price point for the lineup, they should be a heck of a lot better than they are!

Maybe some of you are too young to remember but you used to be able to get your name on the RCI2950 just like Mirage and Sommerkamp(sp) did in the 1990's. They were not dumb enough though to think anyone was going to believe they designed those units or had unique modifications to them etc.....Back then RCI really did not have much of a brand or a reputation.

If you want to see some typical lies that people tell in the radio industry here ya go!

"Designed in mid 2009 By David and Mike along with the engineers and marketed later that year by David and Mike of Yeti Communications Ltd (NZ) designed by Amateur operators for the dx market with some new ideas and a lot of thought into functionality.H owever, a change in production at the factory meant the transceiver only was made for one run of 50 units before production of the model was stopped in favor of smt style production.T here has never been a MKII of this radio put into production despite rumors on the internet to this date (may 2016)

This has to be in the top 5 of rarest cb radios ever made due to the extremely low quantity made and short production run ( I would say so 50 is not a production run unless you are doing them in your basement by hand!)

Below is the original write up of the features the transceiver has which many sites have copied over the years ." http://www.yeticomnz.com Huracan under Discontinued Transceivers. Now we already heard him say that it takes a spare $50K to design and build your own radio and since these where not made and sold long enough to recoup the imaginary fantasy figure of $50K we have to assume some less then honest exaggeration and hyperbole is going on but as you see I am quoting right from Yeticomnz.com web page.

50 units is not a production run that is not even a lunch break run. It is not even worth firing up the wave soldering machine for 50 units.

If I can not give you a clean sheet of paper, pencil, slide ruler, T-square etc....and expect you to sit down and design this with your own mind by hand than you really did not design it. I am not keen on people misrepresenting the facts. ASking the factory your buy from to make a few modifications here and there to an existing product is not the same thing as "Designing" something with your own intellectual prowess!

Unlike most Americans, I have an amazing memory and I do not forget things!

So which is it Mike did you spend $50K to make 50 radio then just takes the loss or are you being really dishonest and less than genuine? You can not have it both ways the truth is the truth and not suspect to being spin and being bent around!

We all get Butthurt from time to time but picking a fight and giving the adversary such easy access to incendiary evidence well that is just amatuer hour at best.

If you had not been a jerk to me when I was asking questions on your sight as a customer and had not made the utterly ridiculous $50K remark to design a radio I would have let it all go. LOL I am laughing so hard right now!

Quick go scrub the page

ban.jpg

Yeti Communications Ltd (Est 2005) is a New Zealand and Indonesian based company

usaicon.gif
ALL PRICES ON THIS SITE ARE IN US DOLLARS
usaicon.gif

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS WELCOME PLEASE EMAIL FOR INTERNATIONAL PRICES IN US $ INCLUDING SHIPPING

NEW ZEALAND AND INDONESIAN CUSTOMERS PLEASE EMAIL FOR PRICES IN NZ$ OR IDR

HOME

WHO WE ARE

DAVIDS WORDPRESS BLOG

MULTI-MODE 10 METER / EXPORT RADIOS

ANYTONE AT-5555N MOBILE

CRE 8900 MOBILE

DRAGON SS-485H MOBILE

MAGNUM 1

YETICOM OPTIMA

DISCONTINED TRANSCEIVERS

YETICOM HURACAN HR-07-NZ

LINKS

CURRENCY CALCULATOR

SURVIVAL-SYSTEMS. COM

HOW TO CONTACT YETICOM

CONTACT

DISCLAIMER

Counting Since 1/1/06

Yeticom Huracan HR-07-NZ Mobile

10/12 Meter Mobile Transceiver

THIS TRANSCEIVER IS NO LONGER MADE AND THE PAGE IS HERE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY

Yeticom Huracan HR-07-NZ 10/12 Meter Mobile 50 watt Mobile

Huracan%20front%20panel.jpg

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

C.p.u controlled 28-29.700 Mhz ( 24.5-29.999 MHz export )

50 Watts RF Output Power Dual Finals(IRF520 Mosfets) with fan cooling

Extra Large, Backlit Meter Changes Colour Tx (red) / Rx (blue)

Variable Power Output .

AM / FM / USB / LSB / PA Modes

6 Digit Frequency Counter (100hz resolution)

Selectable New Zealand 40 channel cb radio band from front panel

Front panel mounted microphone socket

Back Lit Display & Meter with Dimmer

Selectable I.F receive filter narrow or wide (any mode)

6 Digit Counter and Channel Display (blue)

RF/squelch Gain and Microphone Gain Controls

1.5 khz fine Clarifier Tx/Rx

High Gain 5 Element Noise Blanker (NB and Automatic Noise Limiter (ANL)

TURBO Echo - with variable delay

MONI - All Mode Talk-Back with Volume Control

Roger Beep with On/Off Control

Designed in mid 2009 By David and Mike along with the engineers and marketed later that year by David and Mike of Yeti Communications Ltd (NZ) designed by Amatuer operators for the dx market with some new ideas and alot of thought in to functionality .However a change in production at the factory meant the transceiver only was made for one run of 50 units before production of the model was stopped in favor of smt style production .There has never been a MKII of this radio put into production despite rumours on the internet to this date (may 2016)

This has to be in the top 5 of rarest cb radios ever made due to the extremely low quantity made and short production run

Below is the original write up of the features the transceiver has which many sites have copied over the years .

The radio offers just about every feature you could ask for and retains the excellent modulation and echo of it's predecessors.

Standard frequency range is 28 - 29.700MHz. 8 bands in 5khz steps

Export frequency coverage is 24.500-29.995 MHz 8 bands in 5khz steps

****Plus New Zealand CB Radio 40 channels as a extra switchable band with channel readout ****

New and exclusive to www.yeticomnz.com is the Yeticom Huracan HR-07-NZ.

Fully redesigned and improved on with new coverage ..internal temp controlled fan .switchable wide/narrow filter...designed by New Zealanders and made in China to meet the demands of the modern day ham radio operator .

Fm mode now has per and de-emphasis in the audio chain for far better fm mode operation for the European market

The receive has a new design to remove imaging problems pervious models had. Also we had had the manufacturer improve the if filter and if filter stages for lower if noise

Also added to the design is a switchable 10.695 MHZ I.F Filter (narrow/normal)

Extra cooling has been provided for the hotter climates ..the cooling is provided by a temperature controlled fan internally cooling the finals and heat sink.

The mother board is a completely revamped design .

What's in this package?
- Mobile bracket with screws
- Microphone
- DC cable
- Replacement fuse
Certificate CE,ROHS
Warranty:
1 year standard yeti communications R.T.B warranty concurrent with the 1 year factory standard warranty.

Manufactor: Good Will Telecom China for Yeticomnz.com

Old thread, but mine popped a final also. Running it at home, 1.2 to 1 match, no toys, unmodded, bone stock. I was yacking away on 36 LSB and suddenly the radio went dead. Then the magic smoke came out. Sure as shit, blew Q45. My radio is an early 2014 build. The schematic I found at CB Tricks shows a FQPF13N10 final, not a FQP13N10. Any thoughts on this?

This is heresy I heard from Luke aka BBI in one of his video's that the owner or the Stryker brand said that the brass shielding "bracket/thing" that covers the finals is causing high inductance and should be removed. That sounded crazy as heck to me but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. So I have not heard it from a credible source that I would expect to have an inside track I do not know Luke personally but since he is a high profile youtube and facebook poster of original content I think he would not say this if he could not back it up.

So when he made the repair to the unit he left that off.

When I worked for a large automotive OEM we ran into a case where the steel plates in a WWII vets head and screws in his legs was causing a fault in the ECM of his Cadaliac this was in the 1990's or early 2000's I can not recall now. The transmission would glitch and nothing we did would replicate it. They guy even loaned the company the car and they could not get it to glitch. Put him in the car with live data logging and it would happen all the time. We increased shielding to the ECM and the wire harness and it never happened again.

It goes right to Occam's Razor!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated