• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr955

1970's and 1980's had cookie cutter radios..uniden/cobra/stalker/Robyn to name just a few that used the 8719 and similar chassis
anytone is just he 2000's version
if it pains you this much just dont buy it

complaining on a interweb forum will get you no where
unless you have a spare $50K+ in your pocket to develop a new radio to YOUR liking you will never see one built in this day and age

the comment about the styker being "insanely crowed face" and then you comment on how you like the ranger made me giggle ..
ranger has its issues like poor dynamic range and terrible selectivity

ps..didnt know yeti.com made radios..i thought they sold beer coolers

ok back to putting up antennas to reach my minions

Yes Mike the RCI2950 is far from perfect I say that all the time too just like the HRXXXX is also not perfect. I have praised those things I like about the Styrker namely the main pcb. I consistent hate the user interface of all the Chinese rebadged radios. The only thing I repeatedly reference about the RCI2950 and HRXXXX series is the user interface.

Above all else I value intellectual honesty and the ability to set aside most one ones bias even if it works against you. I do not like people lying about or exaggerating what they have done. I am sure you have heard the saying " Better to toss in your lot with a thief than a liar since you will at least know where you stand in the company of a thief!" I am guessing you are not really one to lie outside of business wherein marketing and advertising truth is a fickle and slippery thing! So I apologize if I came on too strong or too hard. I am not apologizing for my opinion just how aggressively I responded.

P.S. Since I know you first name I will allow you call me John if you like since it is rude to know your name and have a debate with you and have you not know my name!

P.P.S. We will have to agree to disagree but let's do it as gentlemen instead of as thugs engaged in fisticuffs.

Sincerely,

John

Maybe some of you are too young to remember but you used to be able to get your name on the RCI2950 just like Mirage and Sommerkamp(sp) did in the 1990's. They were not dumb enough though to think anyone was going to believe they designed those units or had unique modifications to them etc.....Back then RCI really did not have much of a brand or a reputation.

If you want to see some typical lies that people tell in the radio industry here ya go!

Manufactor: Good Will Telecom China for Yeticomnz.com

Jimmy Wang comes to mind, and that was for Tax Evasion - now we are technically at war with China over this very same thing - only expanded to represent other products "dumped" on the market because they can't find enough landfill to dump it, recycle it or replace it properly.

:+> Andy <+:

Where am I? oh yeah, automatic squelch. I read through the manual and didn't see it mentioned. Maybe I missed it. If I had this 955 it would most likely be in my base station so it wouldn't be as big a deal as if it were in a moving vehicle maybe.

Where am I? oh yeah, automatic squelch. I read through the manual and didn't see it mentioned. Maybe I missed it. If I had this 955 it would most likely be in my base station so it wouldn't be as big a deal as if it were in a moving vehicle maybe.

I am not sure what you mean by automatic squelch. The 955 does have a somewhat auto-squelch when in the Scan mode .......
I copied the following from the Stryker 955 manual. Hope this helps.

SCM: This menu is used to set the Scan mode. Options are as
follows: SQ: When SQ is selected, scan would stop when a valid signal
is detected. The radio would resume scanning after signal disappears
for 5s. TI: When TI is selected, scan would stop when a valid signal is
detected. The radio would resume scanning 5 seconds later, whether
signal disappears or not. Default: SQ

I think it is safe to say it is common knowledge that they have really good audio and output power.

Likewise if you need a radio that comes with White Trash Blue LED's that are not at all safe for nighttime use she's the one!

Because I have more than 2 brain cells knocking around inside my head I have a problem with blue leds that we know destroy night vision, give a lot of people eye strain and headaches in a mobile platform. Generally it is best to run electronics in car, truck, boat or plane that do not destroy your night vision and do not cause headaches and eye strain!

Other than loud audio and more power than a single final radio what does it really have going for it?

Well, first of all, the display has SEVEN different colors for the LED's and it is DIM-ABLE in 31 steps. PLUS, the radio allows the Frequency to follow the Clarifier in Receive, Transmit , or BOTH at the same time. ALSO, it sounds FANTASTIC !

Well, first of all, the display has SEVEN different colors for the LED's and it is DIM-ABLE in 31 steps. PLUS, the radio allows the Frequency to follow the Clarifier in Receive, Transmit , or BOTH at the same time. ALSO, it sounds FANTASTIC !

Someone's been shopping. ;)

My 955 is my daily driver since 2013, and it has never failed. It does have a learning curve, but all in all I wouldn't trade it for any other radio in its class. I wish it would for in my pickup, but I'm not ready to break out my sawsall to make that happen. It pretty much has a permanent home in my shack. I run a Imax 2000 50 ft above ground and power it with a megawatt 36 amp power supply. World wide or local its got me covered.

Reactions: undertaker
I am not sure what you mean by automatic squelch. The 955 does have a somewhat auto-squelch when in the Scan mode .......
I copied the following from the Stryker 955 manual. Hope this helps.

SCM: This menu is used to set the Scan mode. Options are as
follows: SQ: When SQ is selected, scan would stop when a valid signal
is detected. The radio would resume scanning after signal disappears
for 5s. TI: When TI is selected, scan would stop when a valid signal is
detected. The radio would resume scanning 5 seconds later, whether
signal disappears or not. Default: SQ

My Delta Force and Omega Force work the same way when scanning. Not sure I would really call that automatic squelch though. It's not really automatic anything, that's how any scan feature on a cb type radio works.

The 955 doesn't have an automatic squelch.
It's a plain old squelch control.

Sure, it stops scanning when the squelch opens. It should.

The only radios on the market that I can recall at the moment that have a true automatic squelch are the President radios. (they call it ASC)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The 955 doesn't have an automatic squelch.
It's a plain old squelch control.

Sure, it stops scanning when the squelch opens. It should.

The only radios on the market that I can recall at the moment that have a true automatic squelch are the President radios. (they call it ASC)
I have an Anyone Smart that has it and it is useful in the mobile. If I had the 955 it would be a base radio so not as important to have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.