• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

study confirms QRMers are bad people

hookedon6

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 21, 2008
Study Confirms QRMers Are Bad People | Ham Hijinks

NEWINGSTEAD, Vt. — Results of a worldwide study have confirmed what many ham radio operators have suspected all along: people who purposefully interfere with other transmissions are psychopaths.
small__6077461074-150x150.jpg
The study, conducted over the course of one week by the National Radio Retransmission Legion (NRRL), was released yesterday. “It became immediately clear what kind of people we were dealing with. One week was all we needed to determine that people who QRM are just terrible, nasty trolls,” said Bruno Harlingturn, NRRL Deputy of Scientific Studies.
The research sought to determine exactly why people engage in malicious interference. QRMers were identified by NRRL interns, who used “inexpensive direction finding equipment” to pinpoint the location of the interference. Many were found on 14.313 MHz in the United States. The interns then sent written surveys to those identified as the source of the interference.
When asked why they QRM, respondents said, in part:
- “I’m actually making it more fun for the hams, by making it more challenging to hear the rare DX through my whistling.”
- “The longer I press on my J38 key, the more pleasure I receive.”
- “I enjoy the audio characteristics of belching, particularly when 20 meters goes long late in the day.”
- “The more beautiful the SSB signal is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.”
Researchers say these answers point to narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy) and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).
“Let’s not mince words here. These fools are certifiable nutcases,” said Harlingturn. He said the study was so successful, the NRRL plans to replicate the methodology on a future study. “I think we can soon determine why so many hams use phonetics on two meter repeaters,” Harlingturn said.

Reactions: 2 people

Let's not forget old "uncle fester" on 38LSB - AKA Frank Rossio KK6FR. had his ticket revoked once, got it back, got a call sign, and then changed his call back using a vanity to his old one. Toilet humor all the way. Puts CB radio operators down, but is a piss poor ham and an over grown child.

Reactions: 1 person
So,we needed a study to come to this conclusion! Talk about overstating things. reminds me of the" May contain nuts" warning on peanut butter. I guess somebody got paid for this brilliant research.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone funded a study on this ? i thought it was plain as day that these people were sad specimen of man kind. I thought it was a given.

You'll find no other reference to that organization (NRRL) on any other website or document.
Satire....better known as the Numnuts(Newington) Radio Relay League....
Come on people!
Really...Really
All the Best
Gary

I prefer to call them:
The Elitist Fathers of Newington

So,we needed a study to come to this conclusion!....

follow the link to the site,.......

Bruno Harlingturn,...
National Radio Retransmission Legion (NRRL),...
NEWINGSTEAD, Vt.

the entire thing is "tongue in cheek":D

Heck, they even have the story about Obama passing the General element and not being happy with the assigned call

Study Confirms QRMers Are Bad People | Ham Hijinks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated