• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stupid things seen or heard at a CB shop

You don't want cats doing mods. The radios always hiss when they're done, and the controls tend to be scratchy.
Another shop i went to was a candy store and in the back he had a technician working on all types of electronics it was just word of mouth back in the 80s all this happened.

"you cant wire a 4 wire mic to a 6 pin radio!"
I had a truck stop "tech" accuse me of screwing with him when I asked if he could wire up a mic for my 2950, he didn't believe there was such a thing as 6 pin mics. When other drivers got on their radios to tell him that they really did exist he thought they were in on it too.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Saw a tech once picking his rear and light a cig right after and after that he changed into his uniform to drive a bus all happened in like 20 mins

I won't mention his name, but there is an amplifier "Tech" on YouTube who constantly smokes while blowing smoke directly in the area and directly into the equipment itself. You might think he would intentionally put that stogie down until he at least finishes the clip.
But noooooooo!!!!
And to top it off in more than one clip I noticed an open can of Coca-Cola standing proudly next to an open amplifier that he was working on. And in another an uncapped bottle of spring water. I never smoked around my own equipment. I stopped smoking several years ago, but even when I did smoke I never smoked inside my home never the less around my equipment. We have seen the effects cigarette smoke takes on equipment after years and years of smoking around it. I'm sure many of us have purchased something out of ham fest or eBay that was 32-50 years old and was owned by someone who enjoyed kicking his feet up while chain-smoking, and making contacts. I've never had the bad luck to purchase anything Hobby related that's been smoked around, but I have seen them, and it's just a nasty nasty mess. Everyone has the right to smoke around their own equipment. But when you're doing repairs for money you should reconsider your habits while working on that equipment. I would be pissed off to send an amplifier out to somebody and have it come back smelling like cigarette smoke WTF! 73

I talked to a guy about buying an ic-2200 on Facebook. He said it had a call button so you could make telephone calls over the radio. He said his mag mount antenna was worth $90. I asked him what it was and he replied "boosted k1000". i asked if the antenna was dual band and he said yes, but you'd have to change the connector.

Why don't people just say they don't know much about something. I'd rather say that than just sound retarded.

I talked to a guy about buying an ic-2200 on Facebook. He said it had a call button so you could make telephone calls over the radio. He said his mag mount antenna was worth $90. I asked him what it was and he replied "boosted k1000". i asked if the antenna was dual band and he said yes, but you'd have to change the connector.

Why don't people just say they don't know much about something. I'd rather say that than just sound retarded.
Read my signature line.
It's better to ask questions than to try to bluff your way through it and get caught with your ignorance hanging out!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?