• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superhawk at it again!

For that kind of coin I'd rather have a real General Lee radio. Not a Cobra with a sticker stuck on it.

I sold one of those 78X's on eBay about 2 years ago for $65.

here are my personal favorites.

first, you can buy a tram D300 for the low low price of $649.00!
Tram D300 Am SSB CB Radio Original Mic Book Extra Freqs Cobra Killer on SSB | eBay

but if thats not good enough for you, you can buy this one that comes with an additional speaker for only $1199.00!
Tram D300 Am SSB CB Radio Collector Quality All Original Radio Book Mic Cover | eBay

thats right folks, superhawk owns a one of a kind Tram D300 speaker that he is willing to let go of for only $550.00 !!!

a 550 dollar speaker, thats a bit much even for him!
LC

I tried a experiment the other day on my iPhone Hay Day online game where you buy and sell goods with real people all over the world through Facebook. I jacked the price of my goods to the max and people would snatch them up like hot cakes that were going out of style. Personally I would prefer to bless someone rather than stick it to them but the experiment worked. If you have a big enough selling platform,the world as in the case of certain Ebay sellers,you can pretty much get the selling price you've posted for said items and as long as you properly do a wordplay on each item you are selling's description to keep from getting burnt.

well,... it works for me

I thought that was how it works.
glorious-photos-44.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I will admit those old Trams are nice radios,but for the price he is asking......they are nowhere near that nice.

I am willing to bet someone will jump on those radios though

I know where I can get a Cobra 78 for 5 bux. Even has original 1970's dust inside still. Wait.....Original 1970's dust.....Thats rare. That makes it a $200 radio now. ;) $300 if I can get the tombstone style mic for it......

All this of coarse is going by the idiotic ebay logic.

eBay sellers have become the poets of description and the all being "rare" products. I guess like posted, if you lay a platform out that makes it seem like you are getting something "special", people will buy it. It really hurts the people that know better is all, the seller these days has to keep a 100% positive feedback in order to keep from paying the extra fees that Ebay has added. Makes sense from a business stand point, but advertising what could be almost called false advertising in order to jack the price of an item up is not morally correct, but it sure does make some people rich!! Wish it wasn't this way and I do remember a time when eBay wasn't so flooded with kind of issue, but that was then and this is now. Best suggestion I can think of is to really do your homework before you go hit the buy it button. God bless.

Sold for $1499 plus $95 shipping

The interesting thing is he has relisted the same Item....
DAK x CB Radio Am SSB Collector Quality RARE DAK Mic Best Example on The Planet | eBay

Make one wonder what is really up with this guy, must have been riding in the Delorean with Doc one day and went home and filled a warehouse with NOS radios and wait until Y2K to start selling them.

If I was to pay $2000.00 for radio, it sure as hell will not say DAK on the front of it.
I love some of the old rigs.....just not that much.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
I guess if someone is dumb enough to pay his price...they deserve to get ripped off.....that guy preys on dumb-asses.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.