• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superhawk at it again!

This pirate tried to rip me off several years ago on a "New Old Stock" Astatic D-104 microphone in the original box. When I received the mic. it was used, it had wear and tarnish marks, scratches, and the mic. plug was cut off, and it definitely did not look like the same mic. in his listing. When I contacted him about a full refund he offered me a refund as long as I would agree not to leave him negative feedback.

Rather than lie about the transaction I decided to leave him no feedback at all.

luv the aerial photographs....shows no details. He is a self proclaimed "dealer" of everything from Tram to Electrolux....sorry, that's a vaccum but you can bet his grandma owns that company too and is the main tech! .....and likely had an uncle that was the pilot that flew all the CB's into USA from JA PAN AND CO using a cessna his grandmother designed and landed at the superhawk airport haircare and tire center in California. Buys 50 radios and makes 1 mediocre one that will stay powered up for 15 mins before it melts. More like "scratch 'n dent and screwdrivered busted and bent!"
He runs it all.

He might do what asshat Martyn does. If you leave negative feedback, he will PayPal you a refund if you revise your feedback.

Asshat Marty, offered me a refund to revise my feedback. He ripped me off on a "like new" TS-450. I about shit when I pulled it out of the box. PayPal refunded all of my money including shipping. I took detailed pics and video of it. I truly believe PayPal felt sorry for me.

If I recall, it was a few weeks later, I got an PayPal payment from him with a note asking me to revise.

I told asshat Martyn to kiss my ass and refused the funds.

Asshat??????? I see you met my first wife, that's what I call her.

Cobra 142GTL Am SSB in Box Stunning Condition Snake Bites All Original Virgin | eBay

he is losing his touch ill pay $550 for that. through in an external speaker $900 easy!

Superhawk is a "Hit and Miss" type a character... I agree most of his stuff is way over-priced, and not always in the condition he has it listed, but some of his stuff is not all that bad.

I was looking one time at a Cobra desk Mic he had listed and had sent him several messages about it, but decided not to buy...

Anyway, we got to talking about tube Amps, and he gave me his phone number so I called up and talked to the guy.

I ended up taking a gamble and bought a Tube Amp for my base set-up from him for $300 (shipping included)

It was a Kicker 500 (1x3)....He said he had replaced all the tubes with new ones, and was in good condition... I got it about a week and a half later, and have been pleased with it so far. It did have new tubes like he said, and works perfect, so I got no complaints with my one-time dealings with him.

$300 maybe a bit much for the amp, i don't know, but least it wasn't a box with rocks in it.
pph4.jpg

Damn, Jesse! Had I known you were in the market for a K-500 I would have sold you mine for around $250 - and thrown in enough extra tubes so that you would never have to buy them again.

Mines not quite as pretty, but it's a solid workhorse.

Damn, Jesse! Had I known you were in the market for a K-500 I would have sold you mine for around $250 - and thrown in enough extra tubes so that you would never have to buy them again.

Mines not quite as pretty, but it's a solid workhorse.

It wasn't that I was looking for a Kicker 500 exactly, just a Tube box that would do around 500w's... Comparing a 500w tube box to a solid state box that does around the same thing, $300 sounded like a good deal which is why I bought it...

Since then, I've seen these Kicker's go anywhere from $100 to what I payed...Just seems like every time I'm in the market to buy something, the pickin's are slim...Then a week later, all the good deals pop-up!:cry:

Mines not all that pretty either on the inside...Look's like someone took some silver paint and re-painted the floor of the box to cover up the rusty bottom, and did a crappy job at doing so. But the tubes are new, the outside looks clean, and the thing works, so I'm happy with it so far...

OK, no problem. You probably already know this but don't try to run it at 500w, it won't sound good and you will go through the tubes very quickly. With around a 5w input, it should do around 350w all day long. I've found that if you have good air circulation around it, the K500 doesn't need a fan, but it couldn't hurt.

OK, no problem. You probably already know this but don't try to run it at 500w, it won't sound good and you will go through the tubes very quickly. With around a 5w input, it should do around 350w all day long. I've found that if you have good air circulation around it, the K500 doesn't need a fan, but it couldn't hurt.

That's about what it's doing...350-400w. I did have to back my SSB ALC on my Cobra 2000 way back for the amp...Radio was swinging 20w's on SSB, and with the amp ON it sounded muffled, over modulated, and crackling...Backed it down to just 6w's and everything sounds good now. AM is set at 2w DK swinging 12w's and sounds good.

I just came across this thread and since I have had a couple of dealings with Chris (turbo electronics)I had to read every thread.
I agree that he has some CRAZY prices on some of his items but who on fleabay doesn't, the trick is to pick what you really want and what your willing to pay and roll the dice and pray. I have learned how to use the GET WHAT YOU ORDERED OR ELSE policy when it comes to being satisfied with my purchase. This guy may be a tool but he is not preying on defenseless people or holding a gun to there heads. Are some overpaying and getting screwed out of there money-sure they are and maybe they need to learn from there mistakes. My first purchase off of ebay some 12 years ago or so was a authentic Mauser bayonet with scabbard for 59.95 and I was thrilled when it arrived. A couple of weeks later I was at a local gunshow and came across a guy with a box of those same bayos with scabbard for 5 bucks each :censored:
Anyway I would never pay 800$ for a mint cobra 2000 but maybe a person that is not on a budget or even a individual who for whatever reason just has to have it for what ever reason will buy it. You and I call these people crazy,stupid,victims and some even call them dumbasses.
Anyhow this is just one dummies opinion (mine) and I'm sticking to it.
Robert

Reactions: 1 person
I just came across this thread and since I have had a couple of dealings with Chris (turbo electronics)I had to read every thread.
I agree that he has some CRAZY prices on some of his items but who on fleabay doesn't, the trick is to pick what you really want and what your willing to pay and roll the dice and pray. I have learned how to use the GET WHAT YOU ORDERED OR ELSE policy when it comes to being satisfied with my purchase. This guy may be a tool but he is not preying on defenseless people or holding a gun to there heads. Are some overpaying and getting screwed out of there money-sure they are and maybe they need to learn from there mistakes. My first purchase off of ebay some 12 years ago or so was a authentic Mauser bayonet with scabbard for 59.95 and I was thrilled when it arrived. A couple of weeks later I was at a local gunshow and came across a guy with a box of those same bayos with scabbard for 5 bucks each :censored:
Anyway I would never pay 800$ for a mint cobra 2000 but maybe a person that is not on a budget or even a individual who for whatever reason just has to have it for what ever reason will buy it. You and I call these people crazy,stupid,victims and some even call them dumbasses.
Anyhow this is just one dummies opinion (mine) and I'm sticking to it.
Robert

Overpaying for a legitimate item is one thing but overpaying for an item that turns about to be "not as described" is a rip-off. Superhawk is well known for his "untruthful" item descriptions on his items on eBay.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.