• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T.V interferance to neighbors

:?: What are some ideas to solve my interference to my neighbors tv?His problem is lines on the tv during transmit only,no audio is comming through.What can I do in order to prevent this problem?I have great neighbors and want for everyone to be happy.Thanx in advance.Oh, BTW,it does it with the amp on or off :!:
RCI 2980
Palamar 300 1x3 tube
rg 213 cable
maco v-5000 antenna

how high is your antenna? i had that problem when my ant.was only 30ft up and once i got it up to 100ft and running 1500 watts i have no problems with the neighbors.you could go to Radio Shack and for about $5.00 you can get there filters that you can give to your neighbors that hook right to there tv"s.

tvi

I have my antenna on a 3 section push up pole.I went to radio shack and they no longer carry those in line coax filters that look like your little finger with connectors on each end.do you know somewhere else I can get them?fererite clamps arent working.The most I can go up is may-be another 10 feet.Thanx

since you like your neighbors and there might be others besides this one thats having problems and havnt figgured out to to talk to you about it yet , i would suggest going ahead and getting a low pass filter and then you can avoid potiental future problems also . heres one thats not expensive...
http://www.premiere-electronics.net/store/lowpassfilters.html

the Bencher YA-1 is supposed to be very very good...
http://www.bencher.com/radioequip.html#filters
it gets lots of love and a perfect score at eHam.net
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1312

id get the bencher if you have the extra bucks

good luck

My two meter radio was causing problems with the tv in the house and I traced it to the tv cabling. I went through the connections and tightened or replaced them and the tvi was stopped. Just an idea.

tvi

Well,I just got done re-doing some ground from my antenna to two steaks I pounded in on each side of my pole.Tested with my neighbor and at least I can transmit barefoot with no trouble.One of my buddys here local told me about the bencher so Im going to get one on monday at HRO here in San Diego.Cant wait to be able to use my box!!Thanx for the input guys,Its good to know that someone corroborated my buddy's idea.

kevin IB,
You aren't gonna like this, but ask the FCC for their 'Interference Handbook'. It's free and will give you all the same advice you'll get here probably. Will probably carry a bit more 'weight' than saying you got the advice from some CB friend (or ham friend, same thing). Also points out that you aren't always responsible for the interference.
- 'Doc

coondog said:
how high is your antenna? i had that problem when my ant.was only 30ft up and once i got it up to 100ft and running 1500 watts i have no problems with the neighbors.you could go to Radio Shack and for about $5.00 you can get there filters that you can give to your neighbors that hook right to there tv"s.

lol ,ya, ok and after you call the FCC make sure your telling them your raising your ANT to 100 feet and running 1500 watts..

coondog, you need a life!!!!!

tvi

Just the neighbor on the side that my antenna is on.Tried high pass MFJ inline coax filters,5-ferrite clip ons on the coax as well as the AC plug for the tv and just today I raised the pole to about 50 feet from the base of the antenna.Still no luck and still the same lines are appearing on his tv with anything over a 100 watts.Im severely frustrated and am about to order an I-10K......

well if your running them splatter box amps ...don't worry you will never fix your problem
you can go put the Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Cores on your
neighbors cable into the T.V that might work
I had to use 2 for mine and wraped the cable 2 times and snaped them shut...
also at the base of the antenna did you make a RF choke out of the coax,either wrap it around the mass pipe off the base of the antenna about 7 times tightly or just make about 6-7 6inch circles and tape them tightly together, at the base

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.