• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking bets on where Fine Tune pops up next

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend here in WA state said he ordered a striker from this loser and has been waiting 3 fucking years for it

Standard procedure for the mouth of the south. Spends more time bashing others and talking on the radio than he does shipping them. He's probably backed up by at least 100 orders. But the pitfall of this is you pay immediately!

Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
Hard drive sounds thin and weak to me. Yeah, he's running at least 10kw out, but his audio is thin. MMM has perfect audio bandwidth, but is compressed just a bit too much. He sounds a bit tight. DRail has waaaaay too much compression and gain. sounds distorted to me. I've heard a DRail radio owned by someone else. The guy turned the audio down a bit and it sounded tremendous. Even when DRail tests the radios on you tube, he has the audio too hot. I'm running a 4k wide audio with a 9 band EQ, and even though I've never heard myself, I get unsolicited rave audio reviews. Great audio can be had for a small investment and little bit of common sense.
Quick question....When using the 9 band EQ and your 955, do you change the mic setting on radio to EL or do you keep yours at DY. I have a 10 band EQ w/ touch screen from UR6QW and have a Sennheiser 935 or a Lewitt condenser that I could use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
Quick question....When using the 9 band EQ and your 955, do you change the mic setting on radio to EL or do you keep yours at DY. I have a 10 band EQ w/ touch screen from UR6QW and have a Sennheiser 935 or a Lewitt condenser that I could use.

The electret setting on the radio ONLY puts power on the audio pin to power the condenser. If you use a stock, unpowered mic, or an amplified mic that is self powered you should use the dynamic setting. Also, set your transmit frequency to 4k wide, and punch the hell out of your high frequencies. It seems on the V2 radios, when you widen the audio bandwidth is adds more bottom than top. Punch up between 2k and 4k to compensate.

Last edited:
LOL...That's exactly where I gave it a +2 and +4 gain Great advice.
Didn't mean to hijack the OP thread. I'll shup.
Not a problem. This is just starting point to see what kind of audio reviews you get. I have mine set up now so that nearly everyone I make contact with praises my audio and says it is absolutely a sweet sounding rig. I know things are right when I get reviews that I don't ask for.

I have only heard the turd in the dirt once on channel 19 over the last month. He was still talking the same nonsense but his signal was down in the mud. Hopefully it stays that way.

However there are tons of fools on 38 lsb that compete for the dummy of the month award. Great thing they seem to stay there seeking attention and not hog up other frequencies.

I have only heard the turd in the dirt once on channel 19 over the last month. He was still talking the same nonsense but his signal was down in the mud. Hopefully it stays that way.

However there are tons of fools on 38 lsb that compete for the dummy of the month award. Great thing they seem to stay there seeking attention and not hog up other frequencies.

Well, they seem to be spilling over to 39 now as well.

I have managed to live through a couple solar cycles, it's like this every time.
27 Mhz is in a propagation hot spot, a 4 watt radio can be heard a thousand miles away when the conditions are right.
So now you get to hear all the nut jobs that normally just drive the locals crazy.
So we started using alpha channels to get away.
Next,we had to hack our 23 channel radios to get away.
Then hack our 40 channel radios to get away.
Here, in '94 a group of us started to study code with the goal of 10 meters because there is so much room there.
But even that is not immune to idiots like Todd on ten meters plugging up frequencies, but you got a lot more room to run in other bands.
It will be the same next cycle and the one after that.
Just got to spin the dial, move around, look for contacts, make a few ,move on to the next frequency......

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.