• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking bets on where Fine Tune pops up next

Status
Not open for further replies.
900 dollars for a radio that 98+% of people will not be able to tell the difference between it and a nicely done 29ltd classic... Except for the bragging rights of saying that you spent 900 dollars on a radio where the mods were done by an egomaniac who uses aggression and arrogance to dissuade challenges from people who would prove his skills are nothing more than average...at best.
One of our locals bought one of those 955s and honestly, it sounds like a stock radio. Like you could take a radio out of the box and it would be the same........

You don't mean to be confrontational??? Well you certainly are. Everything in my post is true with 1 mistake. When I said he was on invoice 5008, I meant that is where he was when I ordered the radio. So, if you don't like hearing the truth about something that's got you all butt hurt...get over it Mr. my opinion rules.
I wouldn't give a plug nickel for a Sherman radio!

I ran across a base station in Texas running a 955 done by Mark Charmin. He then switched to a RCI 2950 after a few minutes. The 2950 had much better transmit audio then Charmin's 955. The 955 didn't sound bad it just sounded flat.

And yes I know Mark's last name but Charmin seems to fit the turd in the dirt.

I ran across a base station in Texas running a 955 done by Mark Charmin. He then switched to a RCI 2950 after a few minutes. The 2950 had much better transmit audio then Charmin's 955. The 955 didn't sound bad it just sounded flat.

And yes I know Mark's last name but Charmin seems to fit the turd in the dirt.
He's a big fan of the SRA-198 and I have one. The build quality and feel of the mic are great, but they are thin flat sounding mics, just plain anemic. I get its a noise canceling mic, but just didn't suit my voice well.

Reactions: Rwb and codeman
He's a big fan of the SRA-198 and I have one. The build quality and feel of the mic are great, but they are thin flat sounding mics, just plain anemic. I get its a noise canceling mic, but just didn't suit my voice well.
I like the sra 198. It is a solid microphone. It seems to work well with my uniden 980 the best. It does ok on my 955. I use the 2018 extreme on the 955 and it works well. I don't remember what microphones the guy was using on the 955 or 2950.

Reactions: Rwb
no one here wants to share your kool-aid with you.

LC
Just wait a damn minute... there are some of us here that don't believe sh_t stinks until we smell it and that Kool-Aid isn't bad until you taste it.

You have no right to keep me from samplin' that Aid... come on!!

Attachments

• how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif
    how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
But.....I do see it from his POV as well, I'd hate to admit that I was duped and swindled out of 900 dollars so I'd probably defend the man too in hopes I was right, until that horrifying moment in time that all the comments and warnings hit me dead in the face as facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated