• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tecsun PL 880

Just ordered a new Tecsun PL 880 to carry for boredom elimination while traveling. It seems to have great reviews. I haven't bought a portable shortwave set for along time. My last one was a little pocketable Grundig. The single 18650 battery caught my eye. I have a handfull of them lying around. Airband receive is a must for me and it even has that.

Coming Tuesday and I can't wait.

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0088.html
So how are you liking it?
I just ordered one.

Will do...

From what I've read, it seems to be one of the best in its class. Supposedly, the speaker provides nice audio. The signal meter is odd. Instead of a needle or graph, it just shows a numerical value. I think that makes more sense, just unusual. The price wasn't bad. 4 filter choices for each mode is a nice feature. The vids I've watched shows it has good interference reduction, sensitivity and selectivity. 3000 memories is pretty darn wild.

I have one and the audio from the speaker is amazing!

I wonder how one of the Malachite SDR receivers compare with a portable shortwave radio like the Tecsun PL880.

Just got my Tecsun PL880 today. I have to say I am enjoying this radio so far. It's pretty much straight forward. Still learning everything with shortwave as I am a complete newbie. Would anyone happen to have a list of nets and freq they would be willing to share?

Reactions: cralt and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated