1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Tecsun PL 880

Discussion in 'Scanning & Shortwave Listening' started by Mudfoot, Aug 30, 2019.

1. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.

2. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Been listening for a few hours. Very nice radio. Very heavy. The audio is very nice. Going to stay up late cleaning out my work shop. Gonna run the wire up to my Oak and do a little Dx'ing. I like how the memories are saved in pages. Haven't touched the manual as everything seems intuitive.

My ex-wife liked how it sounded. She likes to listen to ball games on AM and local talk radio like I do. Going to get her one for late bday present. The carry case is nice quality. Just wish it was bigger to hold spare batteries and the wire that comes with it.

3. L2

L2 Well-Known Member

Cool. I can't wait to get one myself. Happy listening

357magnum and Rwb like this.
  4. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Mudfoot,like i told you best dam radio i got.or owned,i thought my yachtboy 400 pe was great but my pl880 throws the yb in the water

357magnum likes this.
  5. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Mudfoot,how you like your pl 880 by now?

357magnum likes this.
  6. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

The PL880 is a very nice portable general coverage receiver. Hook it up to a decent external antenna and it will really come alive on shortwave.

I owned a PL660 prior to the PL880. The 880 blows the 660 out of the water on the AM broadcast band. The overall audio quality on the 880 is much better than the 660. If you like listening to AM BCB, the 880 is a good radio.

Link below has a lot of information on the 880.

https://swling.com/blog/2014/06/complete-list-of-tecsun-pl-880-hidden-features/

7. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

i posted swl hidden features on first page but great radios

357magnum likes this.
  8. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

I never should have read this post. Now I'm all excited about SW, and this Radio. Dang it Man!

9. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Nice(y)

10. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

we are not,i repeat NOT ENABLERS and if you beliive that i got 500 acres ocean view property for sale at area 51 dirt cheep too

357magnum and fogdog like this.
  11. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Been enjoying mine. Battery life sure is nice.

12. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

hard to belive how long battery life is as well as overall quality the tecsun PL 880 actually has built in it

13. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Rwb , I might be interested in that land !:ROFLMAO: Mud , you said the word that make s my heart skip a beat .... " Grundig " My late Dad was into Flea Marketing , had a booth over 20 years , I got him statred selling electronics & told him if it says " Grundig " buy it ! I tested his radios & he made a lot of $ from them , mostly people here in the US wanting to listen to there country of choice . Just wish I would have kept a few !:whistle::D But that Pl-880 sounds awesome ! Doing research on cheapest $ now , signed Cheap Frenchman !:ROFLMAO:

Rwb likes this.
  14. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Did you get that coil up antenna ? If so how does it work ? Thanks ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Rwb likes this.
  15. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Mine has 1 never used it.got 3 long wires diffrent lenghts for diffrent bands

fogdog and 357magnum like this.