1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Star 500V vs Davemade 4 Pill

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by weatherman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ranch55

Ranch55 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that is going to work well......
    Been there, done that (accidently of course), the TS 350 only took one key down when I realized my mistake..... had DEI's in it, New Toshiba's were in order .....

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Had one customer who had me install a red LED just inside the headphone jack. It's connected to the Suicide Switch. Lights up when the internal linear is active.

Had to give him credit for a good idea.

#17 nomadradio, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. BBB

BBB Well-Known Member

I have occasionally run a 2970N2 in AM mode with the power turned down into a Heavy Duty real Toshiba 2sc2879 (4) pill box with surprisingly good results. With the AMP at a maximum 110-120 watts DK, that set up would swing nicely with the N2 in front of it. Not really much different than running a HD 2x4.

Would I run it this way all the time? Hell no, as the peaks were very high and I want my amps to last. Duty cycle, available amperage, supply voltage, proper heat sinking & cooling coupled with transistor quality all play a factor here. I would not recommend even trying this set up unless you had an HD box with the real dealeo Toshiba 2879s in it, haha. Magic smoke.

4. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

Not a good idea. Either buy more amp to match up to the power output of the 2970N2 or buy less radio to match up to the amp. Here goes a novel idea you could run the 2970N2 without a un-needed 4 bjt transistor amp behind it.