• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thailand Cave Rescue Communications

There is a ham here in Alberta that converts old CB's for the same task. Used within the BC / AB cave rescue group. He got the info from the UK folks.

Leave it up to the ARRL to have an article about a device that is no longer used because it is obsolete.

Update: May 2018: It is now 17 years since the original HeyPhone was produced; designed and constructed for the UK Cave Rescue Groups by John Hey, who died in 2016. The HeyPhone was a pioneering development in Cave Radio, but it can no longer be recommended..."

"In a 2018 update, the British Cave Research Association (BCRA) Cave Radio & Electronics Group (CREG) HeyPhone Cave Rescue Communication page called the HeyPhone “a pioneering development in cave radio” that “can no longer be recommended..."

I guess they worked OK, but, ................what would have been said if they failed and those scouts died?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated