1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Thank You, Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by HomerBB, Jul 24, 2021.

1. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

To all of you who asked about both my wife and my health as we battled through Covid 19 back to health, Thank you.
    Many of you sent best wishes, while some openly committed to prayer and others kept their prayers close to their hearts.
    My wife came home yesterday afternoon.
    To help you understand the miracle in the events of the last three days of her hospital stay I'll share a little.
    On Tuesday night the hospital was still providing my wife with 15 liters of supplemental oxygen. She could not breathe on her own. Wednesday mid day her Oxygen was dropped to 12 liters. This was a moment of elation for us, but her need was still extreme. Then suddenly through the night the nursing staff noted her improvement and respiratory therapy decided to test her limits. The oxygen supply was dropped all the way to only 6 liters over the course of the next few hours, plenty of help needed by most standards, yet a tremendous change in ~24 hours.
    Her physician told her that her requirement was still high, but after RT worked with her that day if things remained as they now were he had done all he could and she would go home for further recovery.
    She did that yesterday.
    Since then she is sometimes not using the O2 concentrator at all, and when she does awake or asleep, she uses only 2 liters.

From near totally blocked lungs (acute respiratory failure) with gargantuan oxygen supplementation to only 2 liters per minute of O2 in 48 hours bears no need for me to say I am grateful for all the prayers the many of you great folks sent heavenward on our behalf.
    Again, Thank you.

Oh, and me, I spend most of my awake time without any oxygen supplement at all.

God is good.
    Homer

#1 HomerBB, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Arch Stanton, S&W357, Robb and 17 others like this.

2. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

[​IMG]

3. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

Homer, to say that is fabulous news is certainly an understatement! The best we can do is PTL he has intervened on you and yours wife behalf. We don’t why or when He will but when He does we are gracious mortals.

I would not ordinarily do this on a forum but feel it’s appropriate….

James 5:14-15
    (KJV) - Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Oil was used extensively for medicinal purpose in those days so calling for the Elders and anointing with oil simply means for us in modern society to use the medical resources we have available (doctors, nurses, treatments, medicine etc…) and call upon those who believe, It is the combination of those things we count on and that will bring us healing.

God is good and thank you for sharing a part of your lives with us so that we might fulfill our commitments to God.

Respectfully,
    Brad

4. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

Homer,
    Fantastic news! Bless you and your missus. It would be hard to add to what you and Brad had to say, so I'll just say thank The Lord and no doubt you'll be back to your homebrew wizardry in short(ish) order.

Best 73 sir

S&W357, Rwb, AudioShockwav and 4 others like this.
  5. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

Really great news Homer and missus, really great.

secret squirrel, S&W357, Rwb and 4 others like this.
  6. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Sr. Member

I must not be keeping up this is the first I have seen this. Good luck to both of you.

secret squirrel, S&W357, Rwb and 4 others like this.
  7. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

All the time my friend!

I had no idea that was even happening, but
    Very glad you and your wife are OK and with us.

8. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Good news Homer, thanks for letting us know.
    We will continue to pray for both of you.

Jeff

9. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

your welcome,hope to get you on the 390 machine in the next day or two.happy your wife n you are recovering

10. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

Rastro's diggin' on it too.........

Eldorado828, secret squirrel and Rwb like this.
  11. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

@HomerBB - we do miss you when you're gone!

These guys do too...
    upload_2021-7-27_7-21-41.png

:)

Rwb, Eldorado828, HomerBB and 2 others like this.
  12. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

HA, I go visit all of them quite frequently.
    My wife still works at Sam's home office, and we shop ourselves at W'mart and Sam's. As for the other two, I shop THD 1st, and Lowe's 2nd.

Handy Andy, Rwb, Eldorado828 and 3 others like this.
  13. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

Please continue to stay as active as possible. Anything out of the ordinary talk to your doc about. God bless you and your family.

HomerBB, Handy Andy, Rwb and 2 others like this.
  14. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Thanks, SS. Good advice.

S&W357, Handy Andy, Rwb and 1 other person like this.
  15. barefootindian

barefootindian Supporting Member

Glad to hear you and your wife are on the mend HomerBB.Best wishes to ye both.

HomerBB, S&W357 and Rwb like this.