• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thank you to forum members

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
First off I would like to thank all WWDX Forum members for any and all help or advice that has been given to me. Everyone has been great!
Just recently I've joined a couple of forums related to diesel trucks and sadly have been underwhelmed. Without mentioning any said Forum names, I will explain. I joined these forums for any information or ideas related to my diesel pickup and have been royaly disappointed. After I joined one I made the post in the new members introduction stating who I am and why I joined, nothing but crickets not one welcome not even by an administrator. I went on to post in the in the correct place to discuss tires/suspension/ ect about my recent issue I'm having with my truck, Nothing! The thread has had 99 views and not one person has chimed in. But after looking around their forum it seems there isn't much being shared about anything, lots of views very little replies. The other Forum I joined banned me for spam before I ever got my confirmation email or even made a first post ?????
Sent email to administrator trying to see what the heck is going on with that, so far no response. So just to let everyone know I appreciate your participation on this forum, even if it's just a like of one of my post. Thanks for all information and knowledge that's been shared, and even just letting me vent or post stupid stories or just wishing me well and asking how things are going. So just incase I have never said thank you to any of you, Thank you!! I enjoy everyone's comments and participation on this forum, even if I'm at work where I'm mostly isolated from most things I always feel like I have friends on here that are just a click away. When I have service anyways LOL! So thanks to everyone, I enjoy this form and your responses be it radio related or something else. I've realized that it's the people and their participation that help make a good forum. So everyone keep up the participation no matter how unimportant you think you opinions are, some of us enjoy them all. Thank you all!

Last edited:

This is normally the time when I would make a smart-assed comment in pursuit of a few laughs. BUT, I have to say that this forum is somewhat unique and refreshing in regards to the membership and the camaraderie we all share. You never see Ford and Chevy guys helping each other out on a forum. Nor do you see conservatives and liberals willing to assist one another in a political forum. Yet, here we are with Hams and CBrs, usually mortal enemies, willing to assist anyone. I also appreciate the assistance and hope I'm able to make someone's day a bit better as well.

Everyone is a great bunch of guys here. I am going to date myself here. I migrated here from the Clown's forum which was rather unique in it was used to promote specific sponsors of the forum. It normally took a few months for a new member to figure that out and get banned from the forum. I am not sure if it's still up. It's been over a year since I received an e-mail from them.

I've realized that it's the people and their participation that help make a good forum.
I also appreciate the assistance and hope I'm able to make someone's day a bit better as well.
Everyone is a great bunch of guys here.
This is the best radio forum out there!!! Great bunch of folks…

Can we Quote you on that?
:D

All kidding aside, I too, want to chine in here and thank all of the members for being who they are.

Wishing you all the best!

First off I would like to thank all WWDX Forum members for any and all help or advice that has been given to me. Everyone has been great!
Just recently I've joined a couple of forums related to diesel trucks and sadly have been underwhelmed. Without mentioning any said Forum names, I will explain. I joined these forums for any information or ideas related to my diesel pickup and have been royaly disappointed. After I joined one I made the post in the new members introduction stating who I am and why I joined, nothing but crickets not one welcome not even by an administrator. I went on to post in the in the correct place to discuss tires/suspension/ ect about my recent issue I'm having with my truck, Nothing! The thread has had 99 views and not one person has chimed in. But after looking around their forum it seems there isn't much being shared about anything, lots of views very little replies. The other Forum I joined banned me for spam before I ever got my confirmation email or even made a first post ?????
Sent email to administrator trying to see what the heck is going on with that, so far no response. So just to let everyone know I appreciate your participation on this forum, even if it's just a like of one of my post. Thanks for all information and knowledge that's been shared, and even just letting me vent or post stupid stories or just wishing me well and asking how things are going. So just incase I have never said thank you to any of you, Thank you!! I enjoy everyone's comments and participation on this forum, even if I'm at work where I'm mostly isolated from most things I always feel like I have friends on here that are just a click away. When I have service anyways LOL! So thanks to everyone, I enjoy this form and your responses be it radio related or something else. I've realized that it's the people and their participation that help make a good forum. So everyone keep up the participation no matter how unimportant you think you opinions are, some of us enjoy them all. Thank you all!

G-Golly Wally

Might be surprised at the vehicle information of the members here. Would not hurt to ask...

I've used an awful lot of radios since 1964, and back in the day my go-to was always Midland or Uniden. In recent times, I have used Galaxy, Uniden, Superstar, Yaesu, and Stryker. Now, we'll take the Yaesu out of the equation because it's not truly affordable and probably has more bells and whistles than people actually want.

So, firstly, my Galaxies all drifted so bad that people were tired of chasing me. Yes, they talked well and sounded fine. but what good is a rig that sounds great on the wrong frequency? My Superstar was a great talking and loud radio. again... off frequency on every other key. Uniden, yada yada off frequency yada yada. I guess this means the only radio I've had that was dead nuts on freq, talks to beat hell, and NEVER drifts is my Stryker. Actually, my Stryker(s), since I own two. From what I hear, the Anytones and Strykers are very close siblings. From my experience, if you want a radio that OTHER people think is great, I would choose one of them. Either Quad 5, Quad 6, or Stryker 955.

Scott's radios set mine up perfectly and have no intention of ever going into that service menu. But..... if by chance it ever has to happen then I will share the findings.

Best export radio I've ever owned (I have owned many), lots of flowers on the audio from contacts made, the receiver has pulled in many a station from the mud and those are the reasons to be hesitant in messing with it.

Unable to make any contacts yesterday with my newly acquired McKinley EURO. I may have to fire up the 2970 and see if I can do any better today.

I used to belong to many, now just a few on FB, and you're correct. Nothing beats tis forum.
I used to be on the embalmers forum on face book . No more to much bullshit deleted my account…

I've been on various forums over the years and was never impressed by the members or staff. Speaking as a new member here, I was amazed at the welcome I received and the response to any and all posts. The members and staff on here are just nice, caring people. And to this I say, Thank you, my new friends!
May you all have a safe and happy new year!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.