• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks WWDX

Watergate

Apr 11, 2011
Just wanted to say thank you to the members of this site for not only getting me going in this hobby, but also helping me learn along the way. I just passed the Tech and General exam.

Future F you's should be expected after I go broke buying equipment. :D

Thanks Mole. And thank you in particular for this site. The balance you and your admins have maintained here between ham and cb is what got me hooked. I came here looking for "real" information on my cb hobby, not the crap served up at most sites and found that the hams here weren't looking down their noses at folks that play cb. The attitude here has always been "hey, we all play radio".

Reactions: 1 person
well

depends were you live. i passed my general test years ago.
i was shunned by the ham community for being a cber.
so i let it my license go. not all hams are like that just here.
im not trying to be negative about ham radio. just my personal experience

Congrats on getting the license.

Now welcome to the fun times, wondering how in the hell did you just make a contact halfway around the world off of a piece of speaker wire and 100 watts!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to working you on the bands.

CONGRATS and have fun and yes its an illness and will cause spur of the moment "I need or just simply gotta have that" spending :pop:

Thanks all. For now, at least as soon as my call shows up, I will be 10 meters only. All I have for a radio is an HR2510. But I'm sure it won't be too long before I decide I can't live without an FT-857d

Thanks all. For now, at least as soon as my call shows up, I will be 10 meters only. All I have for a radio is an HR2510. But I'm sure it won't be too long before I decide I can't live without an FT-857d

"A dime in the antenna is worth a dollar in the transmitter any day"
Then maybe a....
FT-950...FT-897D... TS-2000...:whistle:
Enjoy:w00t:
All the Best
BJ

Antenna, Antenna, Antenna,

You can not work them if you can not hear them.

Antenna will always be my biggest hang up. For the foreseeable future I will be stuck on a mobile. I have a Hustler Mobile HF antenna up already on the truck. But I think my next purchase will be a HI Q antenna, before I buy a radio that will work with it.

However, nothing says I can't carry some wire and a collapsible pole with me and make an easy dipole.

Antenna will always be my biggest hang up. For the foreseeable future I will be stuck on a mobile. I have a Hustler Mobile HF antenna up already on the truck. But I think my next purchase will be a HI Q antenna, before I buy a radio that will work with it.

4 MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM

I own one of these....built by KJ7U Larry
The KW160-6....built like a tank...works very well!
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.