• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The “what were they thinking” thread - CB Radio Edition

Ok, what the hell was whoever worked on this thinking? Oh, you know what this radio needs, more red dots. Hey Carl, pass me that red Marks-A-Lot marker will ya?

142F6D31-B42D-4C17-A28E-53DFC1FCC812.png

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Ok, what was this guy thinking?

View attachment 28206

Damn TRPC, didn't know yo
Ok, what the hell was whoever worked on this thinking? Oh, you know what this radio needs, more red dots. Hey Carl, pass me that red Marks-A-Lot marker will ya?

View attachment 28209

Close it back up immediately! Do not transmit with that thing! It's got a virus. Call the CDC and report you have found the reason measles virus is spreading.

I think it’s a secret message or code or something. I been sitting here trying to decipher it, fell asleep on top of it and have transformer marks on my face now.

Reactions: NZ8N and S&W357
You better check for any red dots appearing in a couple of hours. Might need a booster shot too. Have you tried to connect the dots to see if there is an encoded picture or alien hieroglyphics. Could be a msg from "Your Father" from the Dark Side.

I have been working diligently, and have decoded the red dot message in that radio.

It is as follows:

"Hello American Joe. Please send help. I am being held prisoner and forced to align CB radios all day long."

ok ok just kidding.

i wonder if that was someone's attempt at troubleshooting or something like that.
LC

Reactions: NZ8N and Tallman
Friend of mine used to do that. QA/QC tracking I guess. He doesn't work on them much anymore. Wants to, but his equipment is mothballed and rodent eaten. Half of it disappeared and the other half has found its way throughout the house....somewhere. He's toob junkie from way back.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I have been working diligently, and have decoded the red dot message in that radio.

It is as follows:

"Hello American Joe. Please send help. I am being held prisoner and forced to align CB radios all day long."

ok ok just kidding.

i wonder if that was someone's attempt at troubleshooting or something like that.
LC

That’s kinda what I thought. If that’s the case, this one has been more than looked over, thorough ain’t the damn word for it.

Wonder if you’d get a cool little zap moving it around, while powered up, with wet shoes on. Every now and then it’s good for you to get a little zap, just to keep you reminded.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.