• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THE GREEN THING REVISITED

We are now a consumer economy thanks to the Clinton's outsourcing and off shoring plan. There is no way we can compete against a Chinese economy that pegs their currency artificially lower than ours. Chinese industry is subsidized by the government as the government is part owner. This is where import taxes level the feild.

The people on Methadone are not breaking in to houses to get their next dose, or committing other crimes to finance the habit.
In that regard the program is a success!

Yeah that Johnny Cash tune is pretty depressing, I only listen to it when I'm in a really depressed kind of mood. But yeah I don't know if everybody's heard it so I figured I would share.

Working on staying positive though, today is a new day! :)

The state of Kentucky has sued the makers of opiate pain killers for the addiction problem they have here. What's next, suing the Auto Makers for drunk driving? Of course they would never sue the makers of alcohol or Bourbon in Kentucky because it is socially acceptable.
Wrong......correction.....they would never sue the alcohol producers because of the revenue the fed/ state govt. collects. Next it's pencils and spoons. Pencils mispeeel words, and spoons make you FAT.

As far as those plastic bags go......I recycle those. They are reused for my waste basket, they actually fit ...kinda, but serve the purpose. Also I reuse plastic cranberry juice bottles, those 3 liter ones.....they serve for water bottles. My well water is terrible. I cart those bottles to the Water Making Machine, amazes me how it makes water, I just can't figure that thing out.

Plastic peanut butter jars are cleaned out and repurposed for variety of things. Sugar, flour, rice, corn meal, and beans. Glass jars are saved and reused to pickle. You can get that jelly jar to reseal the vacuum cap.

Egg shells get ground up in with some chicken feed and go back to make more chicken poop. Chicken poop gets scooped up and used in the garden and plants. Poop is good. Why do you think all those Mex. vegetables come over with human fecal matter on them? Just something to think about next time you are in the produce isle.:sick:

This thread is something to think about.

375630691.jpg

In reference to the methadone comments earlier....Big pharma is the big $ winner. Have the drug reps over push all the opiate pain pills on the doctors. Telling them for years "Nah, those Oxy's aren't addictive, perfectly safe dont you know!" then we get the fallout of a bunch of opiate addicts looking for the next fix... no more pills... on to the cheap heroin the government/cartels have flooded the streets with. If your lucky enough to want to get clean.. we run back to Big Pharma for methadone.

Like every ailment, a pill to solve the problem. Hell just watch TV, if you are healthy you will be convinced you're not after all the drug ads. They make pills to cure things that aren't even a thing to begin with. If I hear "talk to your Dr about" one more time my head might explode!

Last edited:
The pharmacutical companies get grant money from our government to make treatments not cures. That way you keep coming back. Then they charge Americans 3 or 4 times what people in Canada or Mexico pay. What a racket. The industries lobbyists write the laws and give them to Congress to pass. Our people in Congress rarely write their own laws anymore. Then when they retire, the get key positions working for the company whose laws they passed. We need term limits for Congress.

So with this with pharma epidemic and opiod crisis this might be a good time to bring up recycling people. If Blackcat630's head explodes we can add him to the composter also. All these junkies dying from opioid overdose, be it legal or illegal drugs there has been discussion about using dead people for composted fertilizer.

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/human-bodies-for-fertilizer/

Maybe the big pharma is in with the agriculture bidness to create a market of recycling people? But not sure if the residual effects of the drugs would be passed through the food chain, causing a chain reaction of chemical dependency. Hmmmm, hopped up on the veggies? Can get enough? Gotta get that script from ole Doc. Murphy for laudanum.

Reactions: S&W357 and Tallman
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room." - Socrates

every generation believes that the ones that come after them will be the ruination of the world. How much hubris does it show to believe that you will be the first ones to be right?

There is some irony here that i think is being missed.
EVERY parent who loves their children wants them to have a better life than they did.
that's why they work so hard, and that's why they give their kids the things that they didn't have.
Then, they complain about the results of giving their kids all those advantages.
If your kids have an easier life than you did, then they are going to be different people than you are. If your kids are exposed to more, and live in a larger world than you did, then they are going to have different priorities.

I just think it's a bit disingenuous to have an overall negative opinion of younger people while conveniently omitting one's part in creating them.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, and my intention is only to offer a little perspective.
LC

The pharmacutical companies get grant money from our government to make treatments not cures. That way you keep coming back. Then they charge Americans 3 or 4 times what people in Canada or Mexico pay. What a racket. The industries lobbyists write the laws and give them to Congress to pass. Our people in Congress rarely write their own laws anymore. Then when they retire, the get key positions working for the company whose laws they passed. We need term limits for Congress.

This is what happens when you allow companies or individuals to contribute tens of millions of dollars to a political campaign. Of course they (lobbyists) push for someone sympathetic to their cause to be elected and after that that person essentially "owes" the people that put them there. Our election contributions laws up here allow a mere pittance from individuals compared to what the USA allows and corporations and unions are barred from contributing to political campaigns to avoid the issue just mentioned.

This is what happens when you allow companies or individuals to contribute tens of millions of dollars to a political campaign. Of course they (lobbyists) push for someone sympathetic to their cause to be elected and after that that person essentially "owes" the people that put them there. Our election contributions laws up here allow a mere pittance from individuals compared to what the USA allows and corporations and unions are barred from contributing to political campaigns to avoid the issue just mentioned.
Sounds like a little more of a level playing field for the average joe... A?

Shadetree you said "to make treatments NOT cures".
TRUTH
They can make more money treating the diseases than curing them. There already a cure for cancer, but more money can be made with radiation, surgery, and chemo.
The process where they alert your immune system to the cancers is the cure, but they only charge $100,000.00 to teach your system that trick and you might need two or more sessions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.