• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The New FTDX10 Compact HF/50MHz 100W SDR

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
https://qrznow.com/the-new-ftdx10-compact-hf-50mhz-100w-sdr/
Elk8ZuZX0AAHlca.jpg

https://www.dxzone.com/yaesu-ftdx10-new-product-announcement/

https://ke2yk.com/2020/10/31/the-new-yaesu-ftdx10-transceiver/

https://swling.com/blog/tag/yaesu-ftdx10/

https://int.wimo.com/en/ft-dx10

Not in stock, back on: 15. Dec. 2020
Aprox. USD $1,800.00 Mfr. Suggested list???

Last edited:

Anything you buy from Yaesu makes you a BETA Tester.They rush crap out like bad drugs & let the users figure it out.Some never is so they just make another one & leave the consumers holding onto crap that will never work properly.I have heard & read so many stories & even watch the Yaesu reps at hamcation ignore a guy who complained to them.I have had more than enough JUNK from them & would not take any transceiver they make for FREE if I must keep & use it.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: N0NB and Rwb
Anything you buy from Yaesu makes you a BETA Tester.They rush crap out like bad drugs & let the users figure it out.Some never is so they just make another one & leave the consumers holding onto crap that will never work properly.I have heard & read so many stories & even watch the Yaesu reps at hamcation ignore a guy who complained to them.I have had more than enough JUNK from them & would not take any transceiver they make for FREE if I must keep & use it.

SIX-SHOOTER

Well my guess was right!! I figured you or RWB would be the first to Bitch!!!
Funny I have Yaesu rigs here over 20 yrs old purchased new...Still 100%
Total of 7 Yaesu rigs ALL 100%...
2/ ICOM Rigs BOTH need to go to shop!!!
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
Well my guess was right!! I figured you or RWB would be the first to Bitch!!!
Funny I have Yaesu rigs here over 20 yrs old purchased new...Still 100%
Total of 7 Yaesu rigs ALL 100%...
2/ ICOM Rigs BOTH need to go to shop!!!
All the Best
Gary
DAMMIT BOY,took the words rite outta my mouth. Chicomm rebranded made in japan merchandice.
My wife said she was leery when i sent a new radio in n came back untouched. But hey 1 of my yaesus work...so far

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER
Yes sir 100% agreed.yahoo junk

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
DAMMIT BOY,took the words rite outta my mouth. Chicomm rebranded made in japan merchandice.
My wife said she was leery when i sent a new radio in n came back untouched. But hey 1 of my yaesus work...so far

I have One yaesu that has been working for about 15 years or more.It's my Yaesu G-800SDX Rotor so I think they should stay in the Rotor business.I'll take my ICOM 7600,ICOM 746,ICOM 910H, ICOM 821H,ICOM 2820H,ICOM T90A,ICOM O2AT,& ICOM 2AT & pay for them over ANY Yaesu for FREE if I'm required to keep & use them.Did I mention the I think Yaesu radio gear is all a POS? I made the Mistake of buying their GARBAGE & I'm NEVER owning their CRAP ever again.The only one I ever had that was worth a crap was the FT-990 & that's one out of a dozen or more.If you like them then good for you but they are not permitted on my property much less in my shack.
YAESU = YET ANOTHER EXCUSE SIMPLY USELESS o_O:confused::ROFLMAO:

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
Never buy anything when first released: radio, automobile, etc.
Wait until they have been in use for a while and read the reviews from actual users.
Also the price usually drops considerably after the first year or so.
Every one of the big 3 Icom, Kenwood & Yaesu have had great radios and they
all have had some that were total disasters.
Do some research before spending your hard earned money,you will be a happy
camper .

Never buy anything when first released: radio, automobile, etc.
Wait until they have been in use for a while and read the reviews from actual users.
Also the price usually drops considerably after the first year or so.
Every one of the big 3 Icom, Kenwood & Yaesu have had great radios and they
all have had some that were total disasters.
Do some research before spending your hard earned money,you will be a happy
camper .
i suspect most all newest equipment will be built to COST EFFECTIVE point not DEPENDABLE EXPECTED LIFETIME.
A friend who sells and services buisness band radios said he seen an increase in defective radios in all brands.
They wont send schemetics out to him as an authorized sales n service shop so its return n hope.
He sells icom ,standard vortex and couple other brands.
I prefer him for my coax needs as he only stocks best quality coax.
Oh he has been in buisness since 75 under his name only

(Made by Yaesu)...Hmmm
yes i know,we got a sv in 1 tractor n an icom in another n 2 off brands in other 2. For the most part they work.
My bad about yaesu,you can get a bad anything. If they would fix the damm radio id say diffrent but 5 trips to california n not fixed n back there now,not acceptable way to do buisness. I made videos of both radios in same place,showung bad radios problem n they just piss around.they lied too.i put finger nail polish on screw heads.they told me they had it apart.i mentioned nail polish was untouched n the tech started treading water backwards like opps wrong words. Machine is no better than its service

All my Yaesu's work fine even 22 year old, now maybe i was lucky, maybe i take more care of my investment of a new radio, the only ones i had trouble with were Icom and Kenwood, maybe bad luck again?

You buy something knowing in time it will break down, here we get 2 year mandatory warranty with excellent consumer protection, benefit of a social democracy ;)

My Hyundai I10 has 5 year warranty, still in it , thee FT991A 3 year full warranty.
But over time that will be a rusty old car and scrapped, and the radio a parts bucket.
And needing maintenance every year or 10.000 miles.
So why should your radio not need maintenence /repairs over 20 years or so?
Everybody has an opinion, fine i base on facts here of the 4 radio's i have and the 25 or 26 i had in 44 year of being ham.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated