• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The old FCC issued cb call signs

In '76 I was KBEE-5203. License app came in the box w/ new radios then. Don't remember all that many operators using the call sign regularly if at all. Had to get it though, you never knew when Uncle Charley was tuned in back then.

Reactions: Fremont Piglet
Ours was KKN-1300

my father was a park ranger and we lived inside the park, right next to the campground, with a giant sign in the front yard saying "RANGERS RESIDENCE"

I was a little kid but I remember calling my dad on the radio all the time:
"KayKay Inn thirteen hundred, base to Mobile One "

anyone else have Tone Alerts on the base and mobiles?
they had a added on thing on the base station with switches labeled 1 thru 10 and each truck had a one of the units, about the size of a electronic brake controller, added on to the CB, and if the base station flipped the switch for number 7, then a red light in truck 7 would come on.
when the driver got back in the truck, theyd know the base had been calling.

to use when youre calling and they are out of the truck, youd flip a switch on the base station,

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated