• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Stupidest Idea Ever

Look, I got enough going on with this crazy radio idea, tick off the frownie face and he might sabotage my project. We’ve not got to the really cool and crazy part yet cause I can’t find the parts (yet).
What kind of parts are you needing? I found a UFO parked in the country side and I stripped parts off of it. Sorry no flux capacitor I sold that already to a Doctor something or another.

409126584.jpg

Day 7 - no poof!!

Maybe it’s holding steady cause of those 13N10’s I swapped in? Maybe I should go back to the 520’s or maybe switch over to the 2030+’s and see how long it last?

Maybe switching the amp bottom to the same one the 98vhp uses with mosfets and swap them all to 2030’s and try it with no load connected. See how long it holds up, then swap to 13n10’s and retest. Hmm, might need to make a phone call here shortly...

No. I’m expecting it to go up in a puff of smoke, I expected it before now but I skewed the test by swapping from 520’s to 13n10’s (I believe). I don’t think 520’s are bad by any means, I just like the N10’s better.

Now I have NO love for the 2030’s, and in the name of science it’s only right to test them as well, don’t ya think?

And since in the video I referenced early where the 13N10’s didn’t pop after being keyed with load, why wouldn’t it work here as well? If they don’t, then I’m totally wrong about this experiment and this will hold up and last, right?

Tomorrow is day 8, this thing might not last that long and everything else will be trivial.

Hmm. Day 8 and something has changed...

No details yet but something has definitely taken a turn here... power is the same but in the words of Elmer Fudd “something’s awfully scweewy around here”.

Reactions: 999
If it aint broke by now,your not tryin hard enough
Red green the best duck tape user worldwide

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated