• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Stupidest Idea Ever

Well there's some food for thought. Can you imagine how bad that would be? I'm trying to find the stuff needed to make "Refrigerated 955", that'll be bad enough. It's around here somewhere but I packed a bunch of stuff up and put it in the lofts, damn spring cleaning!

Some kid somewhere is foaming at the mouth for a 955 and here I am molesting a brand spanking new one right out the box, haha. Maybe to add insult to injury here, I should add an SP-1A? Or maybe I should put a scatter shield on it to catch all the flying debris for when it comes flying apart at the seams. Maybe a Depends should be wrapped around it to soak up everything that melts and runs out of it?

Can't I call this a barefoot radio since there's no amp behind the radio, it technically is under the radio and part of the radio now?

I'm almost ashamed of myself. Almost.

Last edited:
Waiting for the blow...

414196799.jpg

Day 6 and no magic smoke (yet).

EC42E9BF-8D7D-451E-AE21-0150D378369B.gif
“I told you 100w of drive was too much”

Not really a great feat but I did talk about 70 miles on it this morning. I guess that’s not too shabby for a raggedy A99 a hopeful 40-50ft off the ground. I talked for about 15-20 minutes and got excellent reports on it. It must sound alright and most importantly it didn’t go KA-BOOM!!!

But I’m waiting...

Day 6 and no magic smoke (yet).

View attachment 29227
“I told you 100w of drive was too much”

Not really a great feat but I did talk about 70 miles on it this morning. I guess that’s not too shabby for a raggedy A99 a hopeful 40-50ft off the ground. I talked for about 15-20 minutes and got excellent reports on it. It must sound alright and most importantly it didn’t go KA-BOOM!!!

But I’m waiting...
I see you are still running your Emoji boot camp. I hear they can be very tough and vicious when provoked.

Reactions: Redbeard U812
To be cute and yellow, yes, very angry especially when hungry. And don’t try to get the frownie faced one to smile, he’s violent.

Look, I got enough going on with this crazy radio idea, tick off the frownie face and he might sabotage my project. We’ve not got to the really cool and crazy part yet cause I can’t find the parts (yet).

Oh you wacky cb guys and your ideas..lol

This is what happens when you don’t get enough sleep, like you’re awake for 2 days straight and then you sleep for 2 hours. Maybe it was the melatonin I took? I once took 10mg of it and dreamed I owned a UFO and was flying it all over town.

That or I was actually abducted and the probing put this idea in my head. o_O

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.