• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Stupidest Idea Ever

The Stupidest Idea Ever ??????????

For those of you that have a clue about air conditioning and refrigeration let's go back a decade or three ....

Your refrigerator had an evaporator that was the coils around your freezer and because cold falls what was left ended up in the refrigerator. For maximum exposure the condenser was on the back of the refrigerator.

Fast forward a few decades and some bright azzhat decides that in order to increase the capacity and decrease the front to back footprint of the appliance the condenser will go on the bottom of the refrigerator. Heat rises. HEAT RISES!

Who in the wild world of sports thought that was a good idea?
Now you need a fan to circulate air across the condenser at floor level, floor level! every dust booger in the vicinity ends up in the condenser that these days is a tube and plate menace rather than the simple zig zag tube we remember . Now try and clean that bastich. Who has a vacuum attachment that long , that skinny that flat? Who wants to bring 120 PSI shop air into the kitchen and blow all those dust boogers all over the kitchen? Empty out the freezer and fridge and set it on it's side? Yeah that will work after all the liquid freon finally gets back to the correct side of the pump.

Stupidest idea ever ? I got news for you. You have competition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kop, you’re right, that’s even dumber than this idea but on another totally different level - I do have more competition than realized. Haha.

Bow, it is cool. It’s been sitting in its off time on the counter in my shop and it’s got a lot of looks and questions this week.

For those of you that have a clue about air conditioning and refrigeration let's go back a decade or three ....

Your refrigerator had an evaporator that was the coils around your freezer and because cold falls what was left ended up in the refrigerator. For maximum exposure the condenser was on the back of the refrigerator.

Fast forward a few decades and some bright azzhat decides that in order to increase the capacity and decrease the front to back footprint of the appliance the condenser will go on the bottom of the refrigerator. Heat rises. HEAT RISES!

Now you need a fan to circulate air across the condenser at floor level, floor level! every dust booger in the vicinity ends up in the condenser that these days is a tube and plate menace rather than the simple zig zag tube we remember . Now try and clean that bastich. Who has a vacuum attachment that long , that skinny that flat? Who wants to bring 120 PSI shop air into the kitchen and blow all those dust boogers all over the kitchen? Empty out the freezer and fridge and set it on it's side? Yeah that will work after all the liquid freon finally gets back to the correct side of the pump.

Stupidest idea ever ? I got news for you. You have competition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes; heat rises. Inversely, cold air sinks. In order for refrigeration to work; there must be maximum separation between the evaporator and the condenser. So long as they have no way of interacting between the two, it doesn't really matter where they are located. Insulation matters a great deal - too . . .

i figured what you posted was refrigeration.when i took a class in ac and refrigeration i seen them stupid changes.those old fridges lasted forever till the lil wife needed new and they were so happy selling the energy efficient fridge

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
What kind of parts are you needing? I found a UFO parked in the country side and I stripped parts off of it. Sorry no flux capacitor I sold that already to a Doctor something or another.
i was at area 51 n stocked up on spacecraft parts

But DONT PUT HAND IN THE RAY it kinda sends body parts to the 3rd demension

But that’s the Gizmo from My Science Project. It does mystical things AND has enough spunk to kick that 955 well past 1.21 jiggawatts.
can we connect it to my cattle prod so i can move those future big macs along faster?

That’s where it’s going. Put it through that Predator 10K and some LMR and see what happens. Ride it hard and put it up wet, see what it’s made of, go or blow.
well it survive a little more?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?