• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The sun has turned radio off again.

M0GVZ

Oct 18, 2011
Just a post to save people needlessly wasting their time trying to find a fault that isn't there.

A and K indexes are high with K at level 6, there's a major geomagnetic storm on the go so if you're sat there not able to hear a thing wondering if your rig or antenna is broken, it isn't.

Reactions: 222DBFL

http://www.hamqsl.com/solarn0nbh.php?image=random

Doesn't look very good...75m has been Garbage last very days. High noise level and very weird propagation. The band is very "Tunnel" like. The stations 1000 miles out can be worked easily, however stations 50-400 miles out are very hard to work and have a "Hollow" sound mixed with the audio...
These same conditions seem to exist on 40m also, but not to the same as the blackout on 75 meters. Then as Sunshine passes the band seems to settle in, only to go super short a few hours later.
Hopefully conditions will begin to improve soon.
All the Best
Gary

not much change here then. been pretty quiet here for a few weeks. only managed a few minutes here and there, rest of the time has been pretty quiet.

Getting some dx at night. 9-10pm it seems like East Coast from FL to Canada opens up. Some days more than others. And way less trash on the band at this time of night. Make a lot of good qso's with most of east coast at times from GA to Canada and West to about KY and such. Even LA, and AL. But it has been pretty dead during the day as far as I know on 11m even here near the ocean and such. Just wrong time of year. Give it a couple months and we will be complaining about too much dx LOL!!

BJ I could almost copy the station in Nebraska this morning and usually I can not even hear him.

75 meters is indeed strange the last few mornings.

Yeah it's been quiet!! If you are up late give it a try Binrat. Might get lucky and score a late night qso!!

Getting some dx at night. 9-10pm it seems like East Coast from FL to Canada opens up. Some days more than others. And way less trash on the band at this time of night. Make a lot of good qso's with most of east coast at times from GA to Canada and West to about KY and such. Even LA, and AL. But it has been pretty dead during the day as far as I know on 11m even here near the ocean and such. Just wrong time of year. Give it a couple months and we will be complaining about too much dx LOL!!
Same here in Mississippi: East Coast mostly between 9-11pm.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Meh... looks purty in the sky, though! :love:

150823_aurora_lg.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?